Recent content by russny

  1. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    Thanks for checking. I’ve discovered that I’ve had an underlying condition for years that I was unaware of at the time of surgery, when my labs were perfect. They aren’t anymore. Am now focused on getting that treated! This condition flared up out of the blue just a week after I would have had...
  2. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    No need to choose between focusing on functional or ROM. It’s not a binary decision. I focus on both.
  3. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    On Tuesday I got my bend to 63 and today to 70 degrees! Have adjusted my expectations accordingly, now hoping to add 10 degrees a week instead of 5. This measure of ROM is while lying down (heel slides).
  4. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    Got bend back to 65 today, which is exactly where it was five weeks ago, before the rough PT drove it down to 52. Feeling vindicated for firing PT and refusing MUA:)
  5. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    Forgot to say my bend while sitting down in a chair (passive ROM) was knocked down by the PT from 70 to 59. It’s now at least 75. Fairly painfree but does hurt a little now that am transitioning from back to side sleeping unless I use pillows under leg. Even then I have to get up repeatedly to...
  6. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    It’s been 5 long weeks since that PT drove my bend down from 65 to 52. Weeks of helping knee to heel. Knee wasn’t healed enough to restart heel slides until 1.5 weeks ago. Still stuck at 52. I have been in such despair. Working out I would get it up to 55 or 56 but the next day it would be back...
  7. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    I decided to put off my trip ‘til I’m stronger. I was just getting cabin fever staying cooped up in a small apt. It took 3 weeks to get back to where I was before PT caused so much damage. 21 days of isolation because I already learned the hard way that the 28 stairs from my apt to the street...
  8. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    Thank you! I almost forgot about the compression socks - bought but never used.
  9. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    Thanks! Will check.
  10. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    OS in last visit did give ok to travel as long as I take low dose aspirin. Thinking of leaving Northeast within a week to visit family down South. Can stay in ranch house w/sib, only two steps instead of 28 to get outside for walks. Pre-surgery already learned how to use free airline service...
  11. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    It is now two weeks since the bad PT visit. Am not quite recovered to where I was before but gradual improvements daily. If I overdo it on my own at least it’s not as bad - can recover in a day or so, rather than weeks later. That said, Got scared because walk with walker a few days ago felt so...
  12. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    So when I left the hospital an Uber driver refused to let me get in the front seat, just left me. Another Uber driver showed up, was really gracious like most of them have been, and said about the other driver, "He should be arrested." We had a lovely chat - the best part was her telling me how...
  13. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    I now know who serves as the role model for his staff's behavior.
  14. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    Exactly. My knee even swells more.
  15. R

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    I appreciate the support. I said I would call with a decision today but I just now sent an email instead. Am not in the mood to hear his staff yell at and berate me yet again. A Google reviewer liked the doctor but say the staff was a "nightmare." Having been on the receiving end for weeks, I...
Back
Top Bottom