Recent content by runnomore

  1. runnomore

    Post-Op Swelling

    Hello everyone, I am 2 weeks post-op (surgery was 7/3/14). Surgeon and PT are happy with progress....me. Not so much--I'm impatient and want to be recovered yesterday. I'd like to hear what you've experienced concerning things like: What to expect during the next few weeks? When...
  2. runnomore

    Post-Op Swelling

    Biscuit, we may be brothers from different mothers. Since 1987 I've trained myself to never go to full extension, even re-tore my ACL 4 yrs ago playing in a softball tourney. That mindset is so different. Midwest Girl----the PT clinic and the fitness center where I go both have pools and...
  3. runnomore

    Post-Op Swelling

    Biscuit, my surgery was scheduled for July 3rd at 3pm, but was pushed back for an hour due to another surgery. Surgery took about 3 hours because surgeon had to remove hardware from reconstruction from 1987. I was in my room about 8:30pm so I couldn't start PT that day. Our local surgeons...
  4. runnomore

    Post-Op Swelling

    I had 3 PT sessions while inpatient (less than 48 hours total time) and 1 outpatient PT session. So far it has been evaluation, walking w/walker, walking up/down stairs, and exercises to improve flexibility. Both PTs have told me "It will take a couple of months for the swelling to go down...
  5. runnomore

    Post-Op Swelling

    This is my 5th surgery, 1st replacement, and I've never had this amount of swelling or bruising. Luckily, the pain level is lower than before surgery (except discomfort caused by swelling). I've read several posts that speak against PT, why?
  6. runnomore

    Post-Op Swelling

    Hello everyone! I had my knee replacement on 7/3/2014. Surgery was complete about 7pm. My questions are: (1) How long does it take for the "bulk" swelling to go down/away? From having 4 surgeries in the past, I expected swelling, but not this much. (2) How long did it take for the...
  7. runnomore

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    My surgery is scheduled for May 28th. Any pre-op suggestions/recommendations?
Back
Top Bottom