Recent content by rugmankc

  1. rugmankc

    Confused about PT

    Exactly. I felt the amount of reps and sets where too much. And the forced stretching by the therapist to see my improved range of motion was counter productive.
  2. rugmankc

    Confused about PT

    Not saying to do anything against medical orders. My personal opinion is I didn't need it. Walk, walk, walk. My home PT was too aggressive and delayed recovery in my opinion. PT at hospital should go over do's and don'ts. Like not crossing legs over midline. I stopped PT early on my Spinal...
  3. rugmankc

    Pre operative cleansing: I have a THR scheduled this Tuesday, June 14.

    I was told to just buy a bar of bacterial soap. Forget brand I bought. As to your specific question, I would read bottle instructions and/pr call your doctor.
  4. rugmankc

    Stairs after THR?

    One day in hospital isn't enough. I stayed two full days, I believe. Maybe three. But, no issues on steps one at a time. I always rented hospital beds for 30 days after all my major surgeries as I have a two story also. Never had to go up steps with walker. Only the step up into house...
  5. rugmankc

    Self Diagnosis Resources

    Sorry missed the doctor part. Not familiar with health services term. What pictures have been taken. MRI may be needed. Post your test results when available. I don't think PT is answer until problem is identified. My doctor wanted to send me to PT for bad shoulder pain without any pics and...
  6. rugmankc

    Self Diagnosis Resources

    Just curious, why don't you want to see a doctor. Taking some images may be the only way to figure it out for sure. I don't think you will find any accurate answers on-line. I wish you luck though in resolving the issue.
  7. rugmankc

    I'm a little confused

    Bacteria in the body can attract to the metal implants. Once there, it is hard to get rid of. It is common to do this. I was told to use bacterial soap day before and day of surgery. My surgeon wants me to take antibiotics before any dental work. As mentioned, different doctors and/or hospitals...
  8. rugmankc

    Anesthesia side effects - hair loss

    I haven't researched and Josephine will know. I would guess it could be from stress from the surgery. My wife had some hair loss when her father passed and had pneumonia. I have had no such issues other than age related and have had 3 major surgeries and plenty of stress. I wouldn't have it...
  9. rugmankc

    recovery time question

    Josephine's time table is correct as far as my recovery. 3 months to return to work to a moderate physical job. Driving at 6 weeks. Maybe could have done sooner. I was going up steps one at a time shortly after going home. Used a medical bed downstairs for 30 days. By three to six months doing...
  10. rugmankc

    Getting a walker

    I have heard of people using the recliner. We just put the bed in the LR and dealt with it. It saved trips upstairs and let me rest with wife nearby. Someone else may comment on comfort of recliner.
  11. rugmankc

    Getting a walker

    Sherry, Do you know the specs on the one you will get from hospital. Won't Medicare cover it? I would get the one you feel best fits your needs. I could not be without one for the first few weeks. Never used the crutches. Could go up steps fairly soon after home, just one step at time. They...
  12. rugmankc

    Getting all worked up again

    They recommend having any needed dental work done before surgery. After that you will need antibiotics for dental work. As any bacteria getting into open cuts in the mouth can find their way to the metal implants. If you have no serious need for dental work there is no issue.
  13. rugmankc

    THR Throat Damaged During Surgery

    Your Welcome Josephine. Hips doing real well too.
  14. rugmankc

    THR Throat Damaged During Surgery

    Sitting here at work and saw my link to this site in bookmark bar. Kinda lost track of it. Oct/Nov/Dec were pretty rough with the Granuloma. But, the Stroboscopy showed it healing a couple months ago. I go again in April for another one. But, the way I feel it may be gone. Was a little scary for...
Back
Top Bottom