Recent content by Rubybegonia

  1. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    Ok. So I've started a physio program with the acronym GLAD. I've been twice this week. I'm also doing my physio and riding the spin bike dsily. Today I have quad and back of knee discomfort and my upper leg is quite achy Is it ok to Miss one day of exercises! For reference im 10 weeks...
  2. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    @InkedMarie spinning is a stationary bike the resembles a road bike. Before my surgery I took spin classes four days a week.
  3. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    Well things are feeling more positive today. My quad pain seems to have resolved itself and I'm continuing to gain range of motion albeit, slowly. Pt was cancelled this week but I spin three times a day, short walks and stretches. I bought one of those measuring devices and yesterday I was at...
  4. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    And here we are five days post MUA. I still have more range of motion than before but less than on day one and two. My quad muscles are super tight and painful when stretched. I'm trying Icing , elevating and have begun trying massage with a rolling pin. I see pt tomorrow and the surgeon next...
  5. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    Update. I had a MUA done on Friday April 22 late in the afternoon. Physio at out patients Saturday and today It's been like a miracle for me. I went from 83 degrees of bend to 105 degrees today. I can make a full rotation on My spin bike so will now build up endurance and then resistance...
  6. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    Ok here I am at week 7. Off to see the surgeon , again this afternoon. My progress S still Slow and very frustrating to me. I can bend it to 82 degrees on my own and physio can gently get it to 90 but..... Any way today's question is I'm getting a lot of what can only be described as zingers ...
  7. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    Thank you. I think you are very correct. I've had other knee surgeries and I should Ha e known better. It was just so nice to be out and there didn't seem to be a chair to ask for. Lol
  8. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    And on another note. I had my first real outing in over 6 weeks , one that was not knee related. Was taken to lunch by a good friend. Was sitting for three and a half hours. The lunch was delicious, the company y superb but now I'm icing and elevating as my knee feels full and is aching. Ugh
  9. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    Thank you both for your thoughts. I have physio tomorrow morning and am Seeing a different physio to be assessed for something called a G-LAD. Program, tomorrow afternoon Anyone know anything about thst program ?
  10. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    Six week update Went to see the surgeon and I'm certain he doesn't believe I'm trying really hard to do all the exercises and get my knee bending. He can't know how truly desperate I am to get more than this 80 degrees of bend. I want my life back so of course I will do all the things. But he...
  11. R

    TKR Right Knee 19 Days Post Op

    Woah. That all sounds fabulous. I'm at five weeks and I still can't make a rotation on my spin bike. Can't imagine getting back on the motorcycle. And stairs......wow! Well done!
  12. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    Question. I have a spin bike which I used to do classes on pre tkr. Of course now all I can do is rock it back and forth. No where near a full rotation. I'm at five weeks post op. Anyone else use a spin bike and how long did it take to get a full rotation. Just a ball park for me.
  13. R

    TKR RTKR Mar 4th 2022. My journey

    I really appreciate you responding. Seems I need to keep hearing the advice and also keep Re reading the articles. On a positive note I had the best night so far last night. Even slept for a time in my side. Woot woot
  14. R

    TKR Still swelling

    Ugh that sounds frightful. I can't imagine. I only have 72 degrees of flex ion at five weeks and sometimes in the night I have unconsciously bent my knee, likely just slightly, but it hurts like hell. Not sure manipulations sans anesthesia would be a good idea. Ha ha. Question for you. Do you...
Back
Top Bottom