Recent content by RubiJane

  1. R

    TKR My Recovery Thread - What a roller coaster! (LTKR Sept 8)

    An update on my LTKR 9 weeks PO and saw the surgeon today. At 6 weeks he was thinking MUA was going to be needed, but today he's happy with my progress and feels a MUA will not be necessary. The swelling and inflammation has come down considerably - a combination of Celebrex, manual lymphatic...
  2. R

    TKR My Recovery Thread - What a roller coaster! (LTKR Sept 8)

    @Jaycey I ice for 60 mins minimum with my leg elevated multiple times a day. I usually wear the ice cuff through most of the night too.
  3. R

    TKR I think I have pes anserine bursitis. Is it OK to do modified zumba?

    He actually didn't measure me, just eyeballed and felt how the knee & bend was. I had physio this morning and was 90 after warming up on a pilates machine, did some stretches, IFC and ice and achieved 95 unassisted, 98 assisted. I had my PT measure my right leg at it's only 105 unassisted, it...
  4. R

    TKR My Recovery Thread - What a roller coaster! (LTKR Sept 8)

    Thank you for the replies, and I appreciate the fact everyone has drawn a conclusion I’m trying to do too much, but I think your interpretation of my activity level is overstated. I’m not training to seek fitness, I am doing exercises 2-3 times a day to maintain mobility and gain some ROM. I...
  5. R

    TKR I think I have pes anserine bursitis. Is it OK to do modified zumba?

    Yup, just did that! ;-) Don't have enough posts to include a link.
  6. R

    TKR My Recovery Thread - What a roller coaster! (LTKR Sept 8)

    I have to say, this forum is a wealth of info. I've read some threads and gotten a feel for what others have gone through with their recovery and what amazes me is how it's so very different for each person. I'm hoping to connect with others who had TKR around the same time as me, and who are...
  7. R

    TKR I think I have pes anserine bursitis. Is it OK to do modified zumba?

    My LTKR was Sept 8 so I'm right in line with you. My knee still has swelling which limits my bend. Saw my OS this week and he's given me 3 weeks to gain more flexion otherwise he'll want to do MUA :-( Every time I do my exercises (specifically any with bending) my knee flares up inflammation and...
  8. R

    Welcome to the September Sapphires' 2020 Knee Recovery Club!

    My surgery was Sept 8…6 weeks already!
Back
Top Bottom