Recent content by rtkitters

  1. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    @gazelle7777 oh yeah, a step in tub is my dream in life! @Jaycey I meant to tag you to look at my previous comment above.
  2. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    Hmm, that is disappointing. I should have mentioned i have been okayed to and am very practiced at lowering myself to the floor and getting back up. PT taught me how to do it safely and without breaking restrictions. I guess it seems to me that the bathtub is not so much different than the...
  3. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    Hi folks, I am about 3.5 weeks out from my THR and I need a bath soooo bad! I take showers every day but I feel like I need a good soak! Also, postop constipation has caused the most horrific hemmrhoid situation and I have tried everything other than epsom salt baths to no avail. My PT and OT...
  4. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    Hi folks, sorry for the long gap in updating. Hip recovery is going well and I am walking on a cane well now with minimal pain. Unfortunately, I hit a big snag in the road when I developed a nasty post-intubation throat infection, though :( About 10 days into my recovery, I started to get a...
  5. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    I did use an enema earlier today and got some relief but not a ton. Seems like there is still a lot in there so considering repeating tomorrow. My body does not seem to want to move anything on its own right now.
  6. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    Ha, @beachgal I wish I had done that. I was the youngest person on the floor by abt 20 years so they acted like everything was nbd and I could just deal w it at home. But man, the pooping thing almost killed me!
  7. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    Weird, font looks OK now! How do I get one of those colorful labels for my thread saying its a thr?
  8. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    Not sure why my font is so small ... Does it look tiny to all of you?
  9. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    The no poop thing went from bad to worse so had to do suppository and then enema. Gross! Suppository did nothing but enema produced a tiny amt or relief. Now waiting to see if I get more relief. May need to do a 2nd tomorrow. Tell me it gets better ...
  10. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    They have been giving me a stool softener and a laxative (senna) but no luck. I think I might take milk of magnesia tonight and see if that helps the situation. I remember years ago when having my appendix out that was the only thing that helped.
  11. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    Feeling lots better today. Nausea is under control w a combo of zofran and reglan. They also let me start eating, which improved the state of my stomach a ton! Went to pt 2x today and even got to work on stairs. Am walking well on walker. All signs point to getting out tomorrow late...
  12. rtkitters

    THR Help - baths?

    Had thr on my dysplastic right hip early yesterday morning and am overjoyed to be here on the other sidde! Had a bit of a rough time coming out of surgery. I remember coughing and gagging like crazy and terrible hip pain. Ended up puking everywhere and moaning and crying a lot,! But...
  13. rtkitters

    Argh ... Panic...

    Thanks again, everyone! @Grumpyjoe good luck to you too tomorrow! Yeah I have been busy getting ready... I have been working on a huge shelf unit(used to be my daughters changing table!) Filled to the brim with drinks, snacks, clothes, entertainment, etc. Keep thinking of more and more stuff I...
  14. rtkitters

    Argh ... Panic...

    Thank you! They are on my lower leg and totally healed. You have helped put my mind at ease!
  15. rtkitters

    Argh ... Panic...

    Okay, so my surgery is Monday. I just realized I have two healed but pink looking scratches on my operative leg. I have sensitive skin and know for sure these stupid scratches are several weeks old. But still pink looking because of sensitive skin. Us there any chances they could freak out...
Back
Top Bottom