Recent content by Rsmach1

  1. R

    TKR MUA at 3 weeks post op?

    I've definitely learned that relaxing and patience is the key. Yes I am already enjoying the new knee although I have a ways to go. I never realized how bad my knee actually was, until now as I'm seeing the things that caused me pain no longer do so. I was finally comfortable with driving as of...
  2. R

    TKR MUA at 3 weeks post op?

    @skigirl Your input is very much appreciated!! Although it may indeed be cynical to suggest an early MUA was for financial reasons, I truly have to wonder. The first time I heard this was from the only GOOD PT that came to my home. Also my OS had a very different and opposite idea on recovery...
  3. R

    TKR MUA at 3 weeks post op?

    Thanks Tracey
  4. R

    TKR MUA at 3 weeks post op?

    So I'm 5 week's post op today. I saw the Dr's pt yesterday and had a good session, as she listened to my concerns and didn't try to force anything. Externally my knee is looking better and pain is very manageable, although I do have some concerns and questions. First is my ROM, the pt measured...
  5. R

    TKR New knee pain 18 months after TKR

    Icing will definitely help, I ice always elevated for 20 minutes 5-6 times a day (just over 4 weeks PO). Another thing I do that I found helped me is I lightly massage (more like just rub) my knee multiple times a day.
  6. R

    PKR Loose implant!

    All I can say is when I started my recovery process I blindly followed the PT's lead, and it turned out to be the biggest mistake I've made. In my book PT stands for pain and torture ! Since I started rehabbing the Bone Smart way, and heeding advice given here, I have improved greatly!! Best...
  7. R

    TKR MUA at 3 weeks post op?

    So I saw the Dr today and he was somewhat supprised at the ROM I've gained (unmeasured prolly at 75-80 flex now, all thanks to the Bone Smart way) since I last seen him 2 weeks ago. He proclaimed I'd have even more had I had the MUA he recommended, but I seriously doubt it as someone in the...
  8. R

    TKR MUA at 3 weeks post op?

    So tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my tkr, unfortunately I feel like I'm at 2 weeks post op because of the problems caused by the PT's during the home visits. It's taken a solid week to reduce the swelling and pain they caused, and for the first time I finally have been able to get my knee to...
  9. R

    TKR MUA at 3 weeks post op?

    Agreed, that and the fact this Workers Comp based I believe is the driving factor to the overly aggressive post op treatment along with the $$$
  10. R

    TKR MUA at 3 weeks post op?

    Thank you all so much for your replies and feedback! I can't begin to tell you all how much it's appreciated. I would have replied sooner but I was waiting for an email notification telling me there was activity on my thread that never came. Celle, my surgery date was October 30th, 2018, and...
  11. R

    TKR MUA at 3 weeks post op?

    Hello, and sorry for the long winded post/question. I'm a 54 year old male at almost 3 weeks TKR post op. I went in on a Tuesday and was released home on Friday. After surgery I had a very limited ROM as noted by my Dr 1 week later (although he never actually checked it with a gauge). Week 2 I...
Back
Top Bottom