Recent content by Reflex

  1. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    I went for my check up with the consultant. He is really pleased with my progress and that I don't have to see him again for ten months, which will bet he yearly check and then at seven years. So that's that then. I should be more happy but it's my mental state I now have to deal with. Surgery...
  2. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    Hi @jaymo Thanks for your response. I am so scared and really unwell. Not so much with the hip which seems to be healing well. It's my mental state and physically unwell. The lack of sleep is the worse. When I was taking the pain medication I had lovely deep sleep. Now I'm lucky if I get two...
  3. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    Hi everyone 8 weeks today I had my op. I was fine for the first few weeks made a lot of progress but for the last three weeks I have felt unwell. I know that this website is for surgery but I want to mention what I am experiencing relating to my central nervous system, tapering antidepressants...
  4. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    Well beyond the six week mark post op thought I would be feeling so much better and energetic. I've read on here that others have even gone back to work. The reality is I'm unwell, rundown, not eating properly, no appetite and feeling nausea. I've been to the doctors for blood tests this week...
  5. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    @Dust No I stopped the pain killers three weeks a go. I am however taking antidepressant Prozac. Think it's probably related to this. Just feel rotten. It's not suppose to be like this post hip surgery . Thought I would be jumping around.
  6. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    Six weeks post surgery and I feel worse than the day after surgery. Feel run down , no appetite , nausea and no energy. I don't know what to do with myself to make myself feel better.
  7. Reflex

    THR Hip replaced ... HELP !!!<

    @Fuzzie Sorry to hear your struggling. I'm not far from you in Bristol. Friday marks six weeks post op for me and it's been quite a journey. I too was given codeine and paracetamol. I remained in hospital for five days and struggled with the pain. All I can say is it does get better each day. I...
  8. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    Went out for a short drive today the first time in 6 weeks. Felt so good to have some independence back. Only drove two blocks to go and sit by the river for a while. Water always has a calming effect for me. Going to make it my mission to go out each day now . I'm fed up of hibernating. Woke to...
  9. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    Following doctors appointment no surprise that I have lost my appetite and feel sick with all the anxiety I have been through over the last few months. This includes threat to my job in its current role, daughter going to university and the hip operation. She suggested taking piriton at night to...
  10. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    Anyone else feel really sick after a hip operation? Felt sick whilst taking the medication but i stopped that a week and a half ago. Appetite is not good and what I do manage to makes me feel sick. Wake up feeling sick. Going to go the doctors I think tomorrow.
  11. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    Hi @Krista Thanks for your message. Prior to the hip operation i had previously experienced withdrawal symptoms from antidepressant use. As they were so severe I reinstated 22 months ago and have been following a micro taper ever since. I have held at such a small amount for the last four...
  12. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    Five weeks post op still feel sick and lacking in appetite. I've stopped pain medication except over the counter stuff. Is this lack of appetite and sickness still related to detoxing from the pain medication? Or is it to do with anxiety? I've had a lot of additional stresses to deal with...
  13. Reflex

    THR Back pain

    @julesglass I feel the same. Post op four and a half weeks feel I should be doing more than I am. I push myself one day and then feel it the next day. We just need to be patient patients . Best wishes
  14. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    @Jaycey Thanks for your reply and advice. I had the last codeine a week ago when I went to physio. How long does it take for medication like codeine to leave your body. I also take a very small dose of the antidepressant Prozac . I've been very worried about the impact of the pain killers and...
  15. Reflex

    THR Reflex on the mend

    Well 4 and a half weeks post op here I am. I continue to have good and bad days depending on the amount I do. For example a trip in the car to the shops can take it out of me but pottering around home now is fine. Down to one crutch feel stable on that. Not taking codeine any more rather just...
Back
Top Bottom