Recent content by Readabook

  1. R

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    Unfortunately I am all flared up as well. I pray that October is better!
  2. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    my update- i think I mentioned starting estrogen thx in August, irritating my tkr caring for my mom, then food intolerance. Well- I had every lab test cause i was flummoxed by my gut upste and worried I might be contagious. Also my knee and shin and now my back are so inflamed. I was bummed...
  3. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    @Layla I didn't mean defend from this group!!!!! Sorry if it sounded like that! No- the people in my world. The people who are "perfect" at 8 weeks etc. This group is a sanctuary.
  4. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    @Legseleven SIGH. I thought i wouldn't get derailed this easily. I am just really tired of defending my knee to others who critique my process. Immature I know. But I'm human.
  5. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    I had an x-ray of my implant today and it looked fine. My body has been dealing with a lot including a food intolerance reaction all week and my body is on fire. The med center I went to required lots of remote parking and stairs and elevator and a long wait in waiting room. The PA told me that...
  6. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    Thanks @EalingGran - I did have my patella resurfaced, but I guess the hauling myself up and down for days really messes with my fascia. I have stairs at home and easy peasy, but my parents bought this crazy house late in life.. I knew the stairs were wrong! She has a treacherous chair elevator...
  7. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    Patella and shin sprain! Has anyone overdone it ( as i previously said I did a lot of stairs and carrying last weekend) and really irritated their patella and shin? I have no observable swelling, but the patella feels like the original arthritis.I am mostly doing heat. Sometimes ice. I don't...
  8. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    @Legseleven Thank-you for your thoughts. Our family has a background that my dad was dxed with bladder cancer during lockdown. My mom stopped walking and being able to cope, my brother and I had to manage our differences and get my dad care and care for the house. Our own children had health...
  9. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    @eaglemom Thank-you! Honestly I don't know what else to do. I am not walking long distance or dancing- all things I thought I would be able to do. I have to help in the care of my invalid mom. It is what it is. I have to play my part.My brother and husband are all upset with me for not being my...
  10. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    @Layla Thank-you! It an annoyance, but could be much worse. I healed quickly, have a perfect bend, but soft tissue takes a beating. But we all have to do life, so I can't complain. Maybe I will at 2 years! Right now I am trying to deal with arthritic foot and spending too much time looking at...
  11. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    So my weekend of not to code stair climbing and lugging stuff has me still stiff in knee and ankle. Its ok, i am doing all the right things for them, but still frustrated. In the the whole "everything is connected" thing I must have strained my rt side abs which makes perfect sense, but...
  12. R

    TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

    @great button i am sure if I saw someone now at 21 mos I would get a similar response!
  13. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    @Layla That is very kind of you. We all all have unique circumstances. My nuclear family is tiny with a 97 yr old at one end and a 3 year old at other. I am 21 mos post op. The season for saying no ended at about 7 mos out. Time to pull my weight and deal with aching soft tissue. Its ok. We all...
  14. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    @EalingGran Thank-you!! And we have those loose joints!!! I have much the same msk system issues as you. I came to surgery cause my femoral condyle broke and no surgeon noticed on xray til the last one who said "you have NO choice!". And osteoporosis. Between set backs, caregiving and life I...
  15. R

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    @sistersinhim I find it all confusing depending on who I am talking with. Some folks will say that the daily living is enough- but many will say that I need to do specific exercises to prepare for activities of daily living and I get "hurt" because I am not strong enough. I passed the stair...
Back
Top Bottom