Recent content by Rbohno

  1. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Started pt this week, 3 times a week for 6 weeks. I also went for my 6 week post op visit today and doctor didn't like the stiffness in the knee and ordered what he called the "torture chair". He said they set it up at my home and I strap my leg into it and it forces the knee to bend. He said...
  2. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Isn't that the truth :)
  3. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Hello Morgaine, I have had months of therapy following 4 different knee scopes (3 on my TKR knee and one on my left knee ) so I have been through some dreadful exercises. I know the exercise you are speaking of and hate it, I even have had the therapist a couple of years ago after one of my...
  4. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Thank You Kneeper, Had surgery 5 weeks ago today. Home physical therapist made last visit and final evaluation on Friday. He measured my ROM and with pushing it we could only get to 80. He said that is not good that he would have liked to see me over 100 so he was going to recommend to surgeon...
  5. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    I had to argue with home healthcare nurse to get these. She thinks I should be on Celebrex only but I told her I couldn't afford $382 for Celebrex and also I needed something for pain. She said okay but only take one tablet every 6 hours, I have to take two every 4 hours for pain relief
  6. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    1. what medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often? Percocet 5-325 (dose age 1 or 2 every 4 to 5 hours) 2. how often are you icing your knee and for how long? I have Kodiak ice machine so 3or 4 times daily and about 1 hour at a time 3. how high are...
  7. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Question for fellow members: what is more important for rehab- ROM or rigorous PT? My quandary - last week thru Wed my CPM was at 63 , I was advancing about 2-3 degrees per day. Well my PT showed up Wed and worked me so hard I could barely get to the restroom that evening. Next day Thursday...
  8. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Having a tough day today, have an intense pain in my lower shin and knee cap today has a a deep continuous pain. I must have let the PT work me too hard today.
  9. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Got staples remover yesterday - had 27 total and was uneventful except for the last 4. Skin had grown over/around (those last 4)staples and they were very uncomfortable to have removed. My poor wife, the saga continues- she didn't think the paper for my Celebrex prescription was anything so...
  10. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Yesterday marked two week anniversary for surgery. Here is where I am at: * ROM - started use of CPM machine last Monday at 50, today it is on 64 and -3 * Pain control .... about out of the 12 hour time release OxyContin ( don't see huge benefit from this) I take a dose at 10:00 pm at night...
  11. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Titianlady, thank you very much for your words of encouragement They mean a lot to me!!! Rich
  12. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Going to keep this on track...... I need to go in and add surgery info to sig but until then here we go Right knee replacement ... 5/13 Home from hospital .........5/17 Dressing removed ............5/23 Nurse came this morning and removed my bandages and said everything looked great. She gave...
  13. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Well this is getting deeper than therapy. My wife told me this evening that her bosses 80+ year old mother was walking fine in four weeks and that I shouldn't be whining about the pain being a healthy 54 year old male. This stabbed me in the heart and after 13 years of marriage it comes as a...
  14. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Home Healthcare question I wont give any names as of yet but here is my quandary. Released home from hospital Friday and home healthcare specialist show up Monday ( nurse and therapist). Both specialist are from the same provider ( I loved the nurse but the therapist not so much). Nurse said...
  15. R

    TKR Reached the other side

    Had surgery yesterday and the physical therapists are nice but they say Dr. Xxxxx wants this set of goals accomplished before they will lemme go home. They took away pain pump today and started giving me oral medication which is not working well. I told nurse and she bumped up the oxycodone one...
Back
Top Bottom