Recent content by RatherbeCamping

  1. R

    TKR Home from Surgery

    It is 17 days from my TKR surgery and I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am off pain meds and only taking Gabapentin for the nerve zingers. I was able to go grocery shopping at two different stores this morning, did five sessions on the Romtec bike with icing afterwards. I know there...
  2. R

    TKR Home from Surgery

    Thank you. I had the Left knee done.
  3. R

    TKR Home from Surgery

    Had a Jiffy Knee TKR surgery on Tuesday and wanted to share to journey so far. Today is my first day home and pain is manageable with Tynold. Took a 5 mg Hydrocodone at bed and slept good..double ya! This morning I did 2 sessions on the RomTech bike and iced and elevated after, three more to do...
  4. R

    TKR Log Leg?

    It will be interesting to see if I get a “log leg”. My doctor cuts on the medial side, doesn’t use a tourniquet and ligaments and muscles will be pushed aside.
  5. R

    TKR Log Leg?

    I am scheduled for TKR in July. Question, in preparing for this surgery, I came across an aid on this site that states “Leg Lifter Essential to help get your 'now ton weight' leg into and out of bed, shower, etc”. Why should the leg after surgery feel like it weighs a ton?
  6. R

    TKR Clock is ticking!

    I am in the same situation, scheduled for TKR next month and questioning if I reallly need. I’ve been to four surgeons and all had the same view yes surgery is warranted, but right now the pain is tolerable and not terrible. I keep thinking that maybe I should not have this surgery and face an...
Back
Top Bottom