Hello, I'm 58 year female who recently had a RT THR anterior on 11/18/24. It was almost exactly 10 years after my last PFA on Oct 2014. I'm not new to Bonesmart, but came back to hang out again for some support.
My hip pain flared up again over 6 months after being relatively stable for...
Three weeks out: My knee rehab continues to be slow to allow my back to recover from this latest flare. I did see a physiatrist last week who showed me my most recent MRI showing 2 bulging discs in my lumbar spine. They are not herniated per se, and I would like them to stay that way as long...
There is no way for me as a lay person (who just happens to be a healthcare professional), to determine the best implant for my particular situation, so I trusted my surgeon to make that choice. For my first knee surgery, he used Zimmer implants. I don't know what he used for my most recent...
Thank you both! I am hoping the back does not decide to misbehave any more than it has already. The pain for me was worse than my knee pain before surgery.........
Week 2 post op: I had a bit of setback in PT this week. I have received some treatment for recurring back issues, specifically facet joint syndrome and a herniated disc in my lumbar spine. I had a flare earlier this year that rendered me unable to stand up straight. I was literally crawling...
Hello everyone,
I had a patellofemoral arthroplasty on October 13th, so I thought I would start my recovery thread now that I am lucid enough to form a coherent thought. My left kneecap was replaced back in March 2013 and I had a surprisingly smooth recovery. Looking back, I guess it makes...
Thank you all! I had surgery today at 7:30 AM and am home resting. I was able to have a right patellofemoral arthroplasty (not a TKR as I had originally suspected), and did well enough to go home the same day. Starting a thread in the Post op area.......
I had my pre-op appointment this week and found out that I will be having general as opposed to spinal anesthesia. I have had facet joint and epidural injections in my lumbar spine this summer which is the reason why. I don't mind, but I suspect that I will probably stay the night at least. I...
Thank you all! The recovery from my first surgery has exceeded my expectations. Don't get me wrong, I get some soreness as I increase my exercise and sometimes over do it, but this site has helped me to be realistic about exercise and the time it take to heal. Gosh, my left knee is only 4...
Hello everyone,
I had a left patellar femoral arthroplasty back in March 2014 and wanted to take a break for the summer before getting the next knee done. My first knee is doing well so far, and I am back to the gym. Now it's time to plan for the right knee, which is actually worse than than...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.