Recent content by Purplek8

  1. Purplek8

    Hip Infection Purplek8's Difficult Journey to Recovery

    Thank you, all. I have never been a quitter, and I hope others will see through the clouds and see the sunshine. It's beautiful. All it takes is patience, resolve, and listening to others (well) and following through. The wait IS worth it. I now hike, swim, and walk all of the time. Life...
  2. Purplek8

    Hip Infection Purplek8's Difficult Journey to Recovery

    It has been a rough 2 years. I had my 1st LTHR (anterior) on January 6, 2017. 7 weeks later my entire left leg locks up and hurts like the dickens (I have a very high pain threshold, using no pain meds for either hip replacement). I took pictures and sent them to my surgeon. We finally...
  3. Purplek8

    2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    After both hips were totally replaced (anterior) last year (Jan.& March LTHR & Nov. RTHR) and doing well, I am going for my RTKR first on May 18th, the left will be later in the year. This right knee was the worst of all my 4 bone-on-bone joints, so I am looking forward to this one. This...
  4. Purplek8

    Welcome to the November Nimbles' 2017 Recovery Club

    RTHR - Nov. 17, 2017 LTHR - March 9, 2017
  5. Purplek8

    Hip Infection Now infection

    Sorry to hear about this, never comforting to have a following problem after surgery no matter how long after. Have been in the same boat, best wishes for a speedy recovery. There is great information here and terrific support!
Back
Top Bottom