well, coming up for 6 months after the patellar resurfacing and I'm a new woman! No pain, walking as far and as much as I want. The recovery was amazingly quick. I was getting a checkup at the hospital a few weeks ago and the knee had 120 degree flexion without even a tiny bit of effort. I've...
Hi Celle, thanks for your reply. Yes, it was just patellar resurfacing. A new title? well now, how's about "if at first you don't succeed...." ?! I tried to get info about possible recovery times, but all I could find seemed to be regarding a full TKR and I was getting a bit confused, hence my...
well, here we are again, two and a half years after my TKR and two weeks after my TKR revision - patellar resurfacing. It's early days yet, but I'm hoping that this time things will be different. Already I'm in a lot less pain than I was a full year and more after the original TKR. I had the op...
Well, I've had an interesting consultation with the private OS this afternoon! He says he doesn't think there's anything wrong with the replacement joint in itself, but he's as positive as he can be without a few tests that it's the knee cap that's causing all the problems.
Apparently the...
In the UK things are slightly different Pumpkin. We only have personal health insurance as a matter of choice - we don't pay to see our General Practitioners. I don't have health insurance - I'm going for an initial private consultation simply because it means I can see the surgeon of my choice...
maybe, I just don't know why. She's usually so incredibly supportive, I couldn't understand what the problem was, but whatever it was, I'm just glad we've got over it.
I left a message the other day at my GP's surgery asking for a referral letter and this morning got a call from the GP herself (she only works 1 day a week there). No problem at all with the referral, she knows of this surgeon's work and said I couldn't have made a better choice and apologised...
thanks Josephine, it's nice to get a pat on the back! At the moment I'm concentrating on finding out what's wrong and if it can be fixed. If it means having to pay for a scan or whatever, then that's what I'll do, just because of the time factor. But if it needs revision surgery or whatever I'll...
right then, I now have an appointment with my chosen surgeon on 6th December! I'm going for an initial private consultation and will take it from there. I had to laugh - he's off sick just now with an ankle injury - you'd think an orthopaedic surgeon would know better! Poor man. I checked and he...
Thank you both. I will check this this guy does revisions - thanks for the warning. I'm in East Kilbride, KarriB. newlybionic - the really frustrating thing is that every time I go back to the hospital they tell me that their previous diagnosis was wrong and it's something else that's not right...
Thank you Jaycee, that is so helpful! I'll phone this surgeon's private secretary this afternoon and discuss it with her and then I'll get a referral letter from my GP. I feel much more confident now knowing that it's my right. I looked at the poster Josephine recommended as well. If this...
Thanks Josephine. I live in Scotland, just outside Glasgow, and I think you said before that you didn't have details for this area. The time I've wasted is one of the things that's really getting me down just now. There is a surgeon in my local hospital who has a very good reputation - he's...
I asked my GP to refer me for a second opinion but she's not very keen - she said I'd need to go right to the back of the waiting list and the new consultant might not like trying to sort out what's been done already. Apparently I have no choice over which consultant I would be seen by. I really...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.