Recent content by psych96

  1. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    So it's been a year and saw Dr. Booth again and he said there are problems; laxity, rotation and something else but he wasn't sure my back would stand up to PT necessary for revision. He sent me to his partner who is ortho surgeon and he was ready to do the back. Now I am really at my wit's end...
  2. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    Thanks Pumpkin for your rapid response. Wasn't sure if that was how to tag. I try to avoid pain medication; luckily I have good pain tolerance. I use Tylenol arthritis and if it gets really bad have oxy as well as cerebrex but I also have some white matter brain issues that no one knows the...
  3. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    @Jamie Well I saw Dr. Booth but like everyone else he said I had to wait a year. He did another x-ray but didn't seem to show major issues as he just said not the best implant (about 4th down) and that the leg bones were of different spacing on the legs. However, my knee is no better and...
  4. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    Thanks for your response. I have been exercising. The brace is open at knee so do stationary bike and all leg lift things and the like so not sure that it's lack of exercise. I am going to call a Dr. Booth who was recommended by my sister's ortho. PT person also said there was laxity in knee. My...
  5. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    Thanks I meant to say the replaced knee is now smaller than the other knee.
  6. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    I have been wearing the brace and it helps somewhat but now it is difficult to walk without it and still having some pain. Just the other day I noticed that my replaced knee is not smaller than my other knee so I am worried about that. Contacted original surgeon who now wants to see me...
  7. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    Thanks. Will use paragraphs. Wanted to ask if anyone else was told to wear knee brace for loose ligaments. I have worn for a week now and doesn't feel like it helps; not sure but may make knee a bit more more painful. It is the kind where knee is exposed so you can still bend but has metal on...
  8. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    So sorry took me so long to get back to you I am out of town and my phone was acting up. IT band syndrome is pretty miserable. They recommend NSAIDS but I can't take them. Kind of a catch-22 as just having the TKR could not really rest. Just basically did stretching exercises iced and elevated...
  9. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    This has become a nightmare. My sister in NC has a friend who is ortho and he is willing to look at all my records and see if he sees anything. So I had to call my surgeon's office and ask for them. Got the records today and the 2nd specialist I saw, who was so rude and said I had CRPS (which...
  10. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    So sorry if I offended anyone by butting into their thread. I really don't know much about this forum so didn't realize the rules so my apologies. So to anyone who responded about having spacers replaced how did you find out that was the problem. Everyone says my xrays look good. Is there a way...
  11. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    Thanks everyone for your responses. I have just asked for all my records as my sister in NC knows an ortho who is willing to take a look. But everyone I have seen, including new Dr. who is at Pennsylvania Hospital here in Philadelphia said xray looked good. I had original surgery done at the...
  12. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    Well the saga continues. As I had posted previously, initially my surgeon ordered bone scan and as results indicated possible loosening of implant, sent me to their revision surgeon. This Dr said bone scan useless as bone still healing, said a revision would make things worse and then said I had...
  13. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    Thanks for all good input. I did go see this Dr. He saw me for about 5 minutes. Said bone scans are useless the 1st year out, so no real indication that implant is loose even though the report suggested this - but I do understand it is difficult to do these scans this early. Said he wouldn't...
  14. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    I decided to do some research on the Dr. my surgeon's office is referring me to who they say does their revisions. I am a bit hesitant as he only has 7 years experience and does not show up anywhere on Internet as someone recommended for revisions. On the other hand 2 other doctors at this...
  15. P

    TKR Implant loose soon after surgery.

    Thanks Lindylee. Hope you are doing well!
Back
Top Bottom