Recent content by Poctdb

  1. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    Saw OS yesterday. “You are right where I want you to be, you are still healing, X-rays look fabulous, see you in 3 months.” Cleared through all channels to “Return to Jail” Monday. 8 weeks on Monday. Anyone want to join a pool for how many emails I have? Last time it was 578....guesses are...
  2. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    Got a new one for you..... Got in the car, went to the grocery store and then headed to OP PT. Got to the clinic and everything was dark....hmmm. There was a power outage in that portion of the city, the CPS truck was across the street. So we tried PT by flashlight. Measurements for extension...
  3. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    Discharged from home PT with 98/0. The celebration was a trip with some friends to view some drive through Christmas lights. Wow there are people and cars out there....... I have only seen 6 people all month. Good day.....
  4. Poctdb

    TKR Beaverturtle Recovery Log and Questions

    @beaverturtle Sorry....for some reason OS auto corrects to IS on my IPad. I also wanted to delay the second knee as long as possible but looked at it as a project manager would while developing a “business case.” My “business case” reasoning was this: 1. My Pickleball life deteriorated to 1...
  5. Poctdb

    TKR Beaverturtle Recovery Log and Questions

    @beaverturtle I had a TKR on a knee with 27% valgus last year. The knee had been an issue since my mid 30’s. I had the same back complaints as you do. My OS told me that it is all a chain....get the knee fixed, the back starts to hurt....fix the back....the core must be strengthened further...
  6. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    My surgeon is one of the most outstanding doctors I’ve ever been associated with as a patient and one of the nicest people I know. He explains things, has a sense of humor and is genuine. His colleagues have dubbed him” surgeon with the heart of a pediatrician.” I am very fortunate. I have...
  7. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    OS 2 week checkup today. 86/0 from PT yesterday but the swelling/stiffness is still epic from my viewpoint. Very little bruising-No pain and am on the cane. Cane is a bit too early but I was losing feeling in my right hand due to the walker and pre existing carpal tunnel syndrome. Teasing my...
  8. Poctdb

    TKR 6wks, doing great

    @np7 I am at two weeks on my second TKR. The thing that came home to me quickly was even though it is the same surgery, man, do these knees act differently. First one pain and localized swelling. The second literally no opioids and epic swelling from ankle to hip. I did no preparation with...
  9. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    I did not have to elevate last time. The swelling was localized pretty much on the knee and surrounding soft tissue and the ice was enough. The few times that I did try it, I used a pillow stack. It was uncomfortable. I was not able to ice and elevate simultaneously. As soon as I could lift the...
  10. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    LD customer service returned my v-mail. They sent me a return shipping label but the shipping cost will be taken out of the refund. Expensive mistake. No offer for a different size since what was ordered and shipped matched their charts for height.
  11. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    I have checked all variables . The correct size was ordered based on the recommendation chart. The ordered item arrived in the box. I have left a voicemail but would be surprised if I hear anything until after Thanksgiving....More when I know.
  12. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    The LD will be going back. An expensive exercise in shipping....
  13. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    All owners of Lounge Doctor wedge: I have read many reviews on this site as to how this item is just the greatest to assist in elevation. I ordered one. I am fighting swelling that is disseminated from ankle to hips. OMG, it is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever used. (Other than the...
  14. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    One of the changes was some battery operated calf sleeves for pressure. I was told that they were to-replace the TED house but no such luck....TED hose for two weeks..... sigh:sorry:
  15. Poctdb

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    On my initial knee, the OS ordered a extension assistance device called The Cube. Foam rubber , 18x24 with a space for your foot to hang for 20 minutes daily 3 sets. Most on this site agreed it was a device for torturing a new knee I am communing with the ice machine as we speak.
Back
Top Bottom