I had my total knee revision may 25 and was discharged may 28. Spacer was removed. Pain control was an issue. Cultures are so far negative. I’ve had persistent numbness in my leg and lack of motor function in my leg. I had an adductor canal block. It’s nice to be home. I came home with a wound...
Hi Jamie. Thanks so much. I have made it my mission to make physical therapists, patients etc aware of these late infections. That swelling and stiffness aren’t normal after a certain time period. And it’s usually somewhat easy to see some kind of Ortho provider in the US. Not sure about the UK...
Hi Jamie so I actually grew 2 bacteria in this left knee. I see infectious disease and live in NC. My surgery was at a big teaching hospital that is well respected. My surgeon is just exceptional. I grew this time Klebsiella and Pantoea agglomerans. My other right knee infection in other...
I am set to have my knee spacer taken out and a new knee put in may 25. I grew klebsiella in this knee. It’s been a real struggle with pain but im hoping for better days ahead!
Thank you all so much for all of the support. I finish my antibiotics this week (7 weeks). They will let my knee sit for 2 weeks then aspirate it. If clear I will get a new knee replacement. I can put weight on my antibiotic loaded spacer. It’s been in since feb 24 2021. It has become so...
Hi everyone. I had surgery feb 23 with my previous surgeon to take out my replacement in my left other knee due to infection. I was in the hospital for several nights due to cultures resturning. I ended up Growing 2 different gram neg bacteria. I am on 3 different antibiotics for 6 weeks then...
I cannot thank you all enough.
You all are amazing. I have an infectious disease physician and rheumatologist but
I’ve had a difficult twist of fate. My other knee replacement placed in may 2018 and revised with larger liner in dec 2018 is infected. It had been more stiff in the last 2 months...
Hi everyone- you all are so kind. many many thanks. The last month has been difficult-- buckling has gotten worse. Quad still very very weak. have varus-valgus laxity also. I'm in a don joy long brace to hopefully prevent a fall. this leg was infected in 2016 and I had a spacer x 4 months and a...
Thank you all again for your help. Any ideas about why the quad won’t actively extend my leg at all? I can’t straighten it what so ever and it’s been since sept. My surgeon can passively extend it but I can’t at all. I’ve had a lot of trauma to that leg. Also had a sciatic and several nerve...
I can’t thank you all enough for all the info. We live in the southeast but have heard great things about the hosp for special surgery. We will definitely do the consult and I will look into Dr Malle also. Many many thanks
Hi everyone. My long stem revision from oct 2019 failed. My liner dislodged and they had to put in another revision. He took out the hardware and put in a Shorter stem complete hardware revision Sept 2020. My quad has not returned. I can’t actively extend. My surgeon has done an extensive...
Hi everyone. I’m about 5 months post op. The steam pain in the shin has been a real challenge. I’m still in Pt. I went back to my surgeon for severe shin pain in last 3 days and he said XRAY was fine. I’ve had 2 ER visits this fall for shin pain and they thought there was a periprosthetic...
Hi everyone. I’m a month out from my 2nd revision and 3rd total knee in 4 years. It’s been a real difficult time. I was in the hosp for 3 nights. Surgery lasted 4 hours and I had my first spinal which put my BP in the drain. They had trouble getting my BP back up. I had also 2 other nerve blocks...
hello everyone. In a few hours I’m
Undergoing another revision on my right knee which was infected in 2016-17. I had a 2 stage revision with spacer placement. My cement is now loose after 2.5 years wanted to open my thread while I’m still clear!!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.