Recent content by pikemaster

  1. pikemaster

    Hip Resurfacing. What to expect?

    Hi All, I'm due my resurfacing on November 22nd and I'd like you very experienced people to give me an idea of what to expect, is the recovery period and restrictions the same or similar to a total replacement? Any info would be very much appreciated. thanks Richard. Sorry I've posted in wrong...
  2. pikemaster

    Disappointment.

    Well, I've done a little research and found that the NHS guidlines state that from referral to treatment should be no more than 26 weeks, and if you've had your operation cancelled on the day of admission then your entitled to a new operation date within 28 days of the cancellation. So armed...
  3. pikemaster

    Disappointment.

    Thanks everyone for the kind words and sympathy. Josephine you are the best one to answer this question, the OS said I would now be priority, so does that mean I'm likely to be placed on his list for his next theatre day. What is your experience of that situation. Thanks in advance. Richard
  4. pikemaster

    Disappointment.

    Was scheduled for my hip resurfacing yesterday, rang the ward the day before to be told that a bed was available for me, and to be on the ward by 7.30. I thought great its finally going to happen. A little apprehensive about what lay ahead I arrived at the hospital bang on 7.30. Was booked in by...
  5. pikemaster

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    I'm having mine on the 18 Th October.......can't believe it.
  6. pikemaster

    The nervous run in.......... I have a date.

    HI All, I got a call from the waiting list coordinator this morning informing me I'm scheduled for my hip resurfacing on the 18th October. Almost as soon as I'd put the phone down everything seemed to change somewhat, I've been waiting since January and now its like 16 days away I have this...
  7. pikemaster

    Hip Resurfacing 4 days since hip resurfacing op

    Slick123, what sort of pain levels did you have prior to surgery? I must say I do have a degree of pain, but the constant stiffness of my left hip is really getting me down. Thanks Richard
  8. pikemaster

    Hip Resurfacing 4 days since hip resurfacing op

    Stan794, that gives me some reassurance thanks for taking the time to reply. Richard
  9. pikemaster

    Hip Resurfacing 4 days since hip resurfacing op

    Hi Kevin, I am waiting to have a hip resurfacing. My pre op is Thursday, where in Wales are you from? You are the same age as me, and I too am concerned about returning to work with a good range of motion, I'm a prison officer. Any advice you can give me the better, what sort of state were you...
  10. pikemaster

    What should I be asking?

    Hi Josephine, Here he is. broken link removed: https://www.saintdavidshouse.co.uk/consultants/mark-mullins.html
  11. pikemaster

    What should I be asking?

    Hi Josephine, The OS I'm seeing is Mark Mullins and he works out of Morriston Hospital in South Wales UK. Thanks for offering to check him out, it'll be interesting g to see what you find. Thanks once again. Richard
  12. pikemaster

    What should I be asking?

    I have a pre op assessment on the 25th July, my head is buzzing with questions and I know when I'm there I'll have the opportunity to ask questions. My concerns are that with the information overload that I'm more than likely going to be facing what are the relevant and most important things I...
  13. pikemaster

    At last!!!!

    I think I'll need to clarify the situation when I actually get to see him in the pre op clinic. Thanks for the heads up.
  14. pikemaster

    At last!!!!

    Thanks Josephine, I've spoken to my OS secretary and she says the lead time from pre op to actual open can be up to 6 weeks.:cry:
  15. pikemaster

    At last!!!!

    Well, it looks like the 12 months my OS told me I'd need to wait for my procedure was an over estimate, I've received a letter this morning inviting me for a pre op assessment on the 25th July. I know I should be elated, but, I'm moving home on the 26th July..... what great timing. This is maybe...
Back
Top Bottom