Recent content by PFJR or Bust

  1. P

    Revised PKR to TKR Bilateral Medial UKA - yeah, two partials at once (what was I thinking?)

    Thanks for sharing the thorough update. I had a PFJ around a similar timeframe and the recovery was pretty difficult the first four months or so. I also developed a stress reaction in my medial compartment from the swelling and abnormal gait pattern. This has resolved over time and...
  2. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    4 Month Update-- The last month has definitely brought improvement from what I describe a challenging recovery from PFA in December. Walking is much easier as my glutes and quads have gotten much stronger. Walking on flat ground is effortless at this point. I'll do an occasional hill or stairs...
  3. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    I take an Aleve a day which definitely helps with inflammation. The weightbearing pain started a few weeks ago and corresponds with the bone marrow edema in the medial side bone. They did a synovasure which tests a variety of inflammatory markers. I've already heard back those were all negative...
  4. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    You aren't wrong about the emotional toll this can take. It took three consults to find a surgeon willing to aspirate to check for infection. The removal of the fluid seems to have kickstarted an improvement in knee function but time will tell if I can progress. Sometimes changing the...
  5. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    Thanks! No one recommend a TKA and frankly I wouldn't have done one at my age and activity level. The flawed logic I had was that a PFJ would be a simpler surgery with quicker recovery. My medial compartment wasn't pristine as I had small osteophytes but pretty well maintained cartilage. The MRI...
  6. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    14 week update- Given the struggles with recovery due to pressure/effusion/swelling and now pain in other areas my knee, I got a few second opinions. I'm slightly sensitive to nickel per Orthopaedics Analysis LTT Test. I had 20ml of red/clear fluid aspirated this week and the preliminary results...
  7. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    Hello Nekocarlo- Unfortunately my effusion is still ongoing. I received the results of my LTT blood metal allergy test and indicated only "slightly reactive" to Nickel and no reaction to any other metals. I have an appointment this week with a highly respected fellowship trained expert on both...
  8. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    Thanks for the feedback @Layla. To be fair every clinical situation is different. There is definitely heat with the effusions. Swelling (edema) is a different phenomenon than recurrent joint effusion. The other reality is that if effusion persists and hasn't diminished over the first three...
  9. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    Thanks as always for the comment @Jockette. I would be more optimistic if I was experiencing a gradual improvement of the effusion. I had a full patella without cartilage after one of my failed cartilage graft surgeries which had almost zero joint effusion. This level of effusion is usually a...
  10. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    I'm approaching 10 weeks post-op and my persistent knee effusion continues to be a major hurdle to recovery. Due to the ongoing fluid in my knee I've had to ratchet back activity to basically nothing. My surgical knee is consistently a cm greater in circumference in the suprapatellar area than...
  11. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    Good perspective! Bauerfiend Genutrain is the brand.
  12. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    I received my long awaited compression sleeve (German made) from Amazon today. I won’t mention the name as I’m sure we aren’t supposed to promote products on here. It’s a game-changer. It has a donut for the patella. The difference weight-bearing with it vs. my previous ace bandage set-up is...
  13. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    Thanks for the update @beralc. My operated knee is still a cm bigger in circumference than the non-operated knee but definitely fluctuates with activity. Taking it easy today with lots of ice and elevation as I think I did too much yesterday. No pain just a puffy knee.
  14. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    Sorry @beralc i guess it could be for anyone. Yes, I get the brain fog. I’m still working through it atv40 days.
  15. P

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    What are your biggest complaints symptom-wise?
Back
Top Bottom