Recent content by Perry

  1. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    Balleysmom@ Thanks for your comments. Yes there will come the day your pains and heat will melt away as mine have, think positive and hang in there.. One of my issues was that I was using weight lifting machines in rehab and my legs would not stop hurting. So I stopped all the muscle building...
  2. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    Recovery Update ! Glory Hallelujah..... I have turned the corner :loll::loll::loll: About 6 days ago the pains and stiffness started melting away. A string of 5 days ensued that were a wonderful much anticipated rapid & steady decline of the weeks & weeks of pain and misery. I am now ready to...
  3. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    @kneeper Hi Kneeper, Thank you for asking........Answer is Yes and no. Left leg still extremely bothersome with muscle cramps, swelling, stiffness, excessive pain, and burning. The heat has finally left the knee area , so the healing should be complete but the constant ebb and flow of the above...
  4. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    Thank you very much for the patience and advice.
  5. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    Good Grief ...... I really am trying to give you a picture of what I am doing but as my pain and discomfort varies, so does my daily routine's. My days' routines, as my aches and problems, are somewhat unpredictable Visited the PT today and stopping all weight bearing exercises and they said...
  6. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    @Josephine Thank you for your response,,,,, here is the info you said I had left out ++++++++++++ *Exercises My comments in bold PT Session 3 times a week (1 day in the pool)recumbent bike 10 minutes toe and heel lifts 3 sets of 5 calf stretches 3 sets of 30 seconds You've not told me if you do...
  7. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    I am constantly doing manual massaging of the knees and small vibrator massages Both of which give very good relief....but only last for very short times. Is going to a pain clinic successful and do many recovers do this ?
  8. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    I have answered the questions below. * My primary doctor who I had a great relationship with, has parted ways with the group show she was with and has not opened a new practice. So I was forced to see a new primary care doc who I had never met, and she only knows me from the former docs notes...
  9. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    @pumpkin I visited my surgeon today and he drained fluid out of my left leg and injected some cortisone. Some relief, and YES, I am thankful for this.! --------- Here is what I am presently dealing with: 1. flexation 107 R ; 100 L most days. But still significant swelling and burning mostly...
  10. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    Thanks Pumpkin, Now I just have to figure out how to convince my doctors to let me do this
  11. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    Question ?? Has anybody used "Medrol dose packs" for the stiffness, burning aches of the TKR I used this prior to the BLTKR surgery with good results but my surgeon and general doctor do not think they would be good at this point.
  12. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    Are you kidding me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! For those of you like me who are still struggling for the end of this pain, burning, and aching, this is a laughable (almost if it weren't so bitter) joke. * I think Josephine will be stunned by this blanket general cherry assessment . ------ Received...
  13. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    New Question for new issues ? 10 weeks after BLTKR For the last several days I am being awakened after 5 hours in bed with terrible aches and burning in both knees to the point I have to get up. I sleep with both legs elevated and pretty soundly up till that time. Sometimes with sleeping pills...
  14. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    Thanks Ref, I have questioned my decision to do this, questioned my mental and physical strength to endure, stoped doing all the things I formerly enjoyed doing , and stop smiling, laughing, enjoying life,,,, even got so depressed wondering if it was worth going on............ I tried tackling...
  15. Perry

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    Thank You _ Thank You..... I needed that boost of encouragement right now. Hope you latest knee surgery is progressing well.
Back
Top Bottom