Recent content by pdlinda

  1. pdlinda

    Hips before knees?

    @espun I had both hips replaced before my right knee. LTHR in 2008, RTHR 2017, RTKR 2019. I had no choice in the sequencing as both my hips got to a point where I couldn’t walk without assistance. My right knee became a problem after my 2nd hip replacement so it had to be replaced. I...
  2. pdlinda

    Revised PKR to TKR Sore shoulder

    @This is not fun First of all, I hope your situation is improving! Also, I need my other knee replaced; however between COVID and other things that you aptly point out, I’m doing my best to avoid surgery at this time. I saw my surgeon recently and there have been no changes in that knee so I...
  3. pdlinda

    Revised PKR to TKR Sore shoulder

    I think it’s unconscionable that your surgeon performed 8 knee replacements in one day! My surgeon had 3 on the day he did mine in 2019 and it was explained to me how he went from patient to patient to complete each one. He did an excellent surgery on my knee but i admit I was surprised that I...
  4. pdlinda

    TKR #2 TKR coming up in August

    @Cheech , I had my RTKR in Oct, 2019 and will be having my other knee replaced in Oct, 2021. My gait has been wobbly since the right knee was done even though the surgery was a total success! I’m wondering if having the second knee replaced will allow me to walk “normally” and, if yes, I wonder...
  5. pdlinda

    TKR Walking After 2 Knees and 2 Hips Replaced

    I had my left hip replaced in 2007, my right hip replaced in 2017, my right knee replaced in 2019 and now need my left knee replaced. Has anyone had all 4 Joints replaced? Are you now walking normally? How long did it take you to achieve balance and coordination In walking? I’m trying to...
  6. pdlinda

    TKR Scheduling TKR After Hymovis Gel Injection

    Thanks so much! I am watching that video and, as you suggested, finding many more helpful videos on YouTube! I’m practicing what the experts are suggesting and already see some improvement! I love this forum!!
  7. pdlinda

    TKR Scheduling TKR After Hymovis Gel Injection

    @Tykey Do you have any specific YouTube videos that you can recommend? Thanks so much!!!
  8. pdlinda

    TKR Scheduling TKR After Hymovis Gel Injection

    Yes, I have had the abnormal gait for some time as with the 3 joints that were already replaced over a period of 11 years a lot of adjustments to my normal walking and balance took place. I will focus on muscle memory with my PT as you suggest. Thanks so much!!
  9. pdlinda

    TKR Scheduling TKR After Hymovis Gel Injection

    The July 17th and 24th HYMOVIS gel shots I received have given me total relief from pain and some range of motion for my left knee (right knee replaced 10/9/19). However, my gait is still far from normal. Is this something that others have experienced? When the HYMOVIS shot wears off (they say...
  10. pdlinda

    TKR Scheduling TKR After Hymovis Gel Injection

    i had 2 Hymovis injections in my left knee on 7/17/20 and 7/24/20 to try and improve function. It was understood between me and my OS that this was a temporary solution to my arthritic knee problem because of the Covid. My right knee was replaced on 10/9/19. i recall reading on this forum that...
  11. pdlinda

    TKR KMLknee's Second TKR Recovery

    @SpaceGirl I had hydro with my right knee that was replaced in Oct ‘19. It gave me terrible nausea. Now I’m preparing for my left knee replacement that will probably be done in about 6 months. Did Percocet give you any nausea??
  12. pdlinda

    TKR ITCHING ON BACK OF CALF 1 YR AFTER TKR

    Thank you. I will do just that.
  13. pdlinda

    TKR ITCHING ON BACK OF CALF 1 YR AFTER TKR

    I had my right knee replaced last October. Everything is fine and I have had no issues whatsoever with the new knee. Throughout the months I’ve noticed a patch of skin in back of my calf of the operated knee that itches. If I start scratching I know it won’t stop so I put some lotion on it...
  14. pdlinda

    TKR Muldoh’s one year old TKR!

    I also took the advice from the experts on here not to drive myself too hard with the PT i received after surgery. I left the out-patient facility assigned to me as they were handling that new knee too harshly and I left a session with more pain than I had going in. I still do the...
  15. pdlinda

    TKR Muldoh’s one year old TKR!

    @Muldoh I had my right knee replaced on oct. 9, 2019 and had an unremarkable recovery except, like you, the nausea from the oxycodone almost defeated me. They gave me zofran and it made things worse! Finally, they gave me a combo of tramadol and Tylenol and that was better. i lost about a...
Back
Top Bottom