Recent content by pawprint1125

  1. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Jamie, thank you so much for this, and apologies for my tardy reply - I've been dealing with a family emergency. This is very helpful, and the route I will take next. Thank you again! Stuart
  2. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Thanks, Jamie. I'll look locally here, but not a real problem for me to go to NYC to HSS. If ya got someone that you can recommend, that will go a LONG way with me...
  3. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Vida, thank you for replying and sorry to hear of your continued difficulties. It's great that your surgeon is "on it," and I'm sure that eventually you will find a solution. I feel exactly the same way though - I was going to have a terrific outcome that would allow me to resume my...
  4. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Hi folks, About 10 months after surgery, I am having some issues and I hope you might be able to give me some guidance... Although I picked the right surgeon, his aftercare help has been, well, pretty worthless to me. I have good mobility, but I am having pain that is difficult to pinpoint...
  5. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Jockette, thank you for your kind words. They were not discouraging at all. Sometimes, I think I just need to be reminded of things! I've always been an impatient sort, and this surgery, well, just tries your patience... Jamie - I'll look into that. Have an appointment with my PT shortly...
  6. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Hi folks, Long time no see... Kindly let me give you an update: While my recovery has progressed, I had/have been bothered by persistent pain in the back of the knee - on standing up, walking, driving, etc. Finally saw my doc (who himself was out of the office for 2 months with his OWN knee...
  7. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Greetings, my new best friends at BoneSmart! So, 2 1/2 weeks after surgery, I continue to be confronted by pain in my leg. It's led to the least amount of sleep I've had since my wife and I had babies, many years ago. I am mindful about being careful about using oxycodone. I had tried to...
  8. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Thanks, Jamie. Makes sense to me. Looking for a light at the end of this tunnel - appreciated!
  9. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Before my surgery, I purchased a Lounge Doctor, largely because of what I read about it here. I've been reluctant to use it, as my PT and doctor's office expressed their reluctance in recommending it because of the slight bend in it. Their whole thing is to keep the leg as straight as...
  10. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    "Character building?" I'm 65 - not only has my character been built, but it's crumbling!
  11. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Jamie, hey, I appreciate anything you can give me. You're right about "time." I'm an impatient fellow by nature so this surgery goes against my natural inclination to be "on top" of everything!
  12. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    That is so true. Hard not to focus on the stuff that's killing you!
  13. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Thanks, Jamie, that's exactly what I've been doing. In the morning, I start my exercises as well, from my bed, which loosens things up a bit. It doesn't matter if I am lying down 5 minutes or 5 hours, I'll still get a whole mess of pain. This morning, it did seem a little better, which I will...
  14. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Yes, that is a simple fix indeed! Thanks...
  15. pawprint1125

    TKR My post-op recovery...

    Hi folks, Just a brief update, 8 days after surgery: Although it's been an ordeal, there has been a definite upward trend here. Had a lot of pain in my calf, so had to get an ultrasound to check for blood clots. Luckily, it was negative. Saw the doctor yesterday, and good news. I no...
Back
Top Bottom