Recent content by Paparanian

  1. P

    TKR Going on 5 month post RTKR.

    I had my four month check up last week. This knee (left- revision from partial 9 years ago) is doing great! I mentioned to surgeon that my RT knee still had pain, possibly from fall at 6 months. X-ray showed all aligned well & looking good for both. So, on good days they are doing well. I notice...
  2. P

    Revised PKR to TKR 4 Weeks Out Left TKR

    Hi, and thank you! The fall I took ( around 6 week mark) caused my recovery to be behind at least 2-3 weeks. At 2 months I was much further along with right knee than this one. Still have pain, need breaks, swelling, and flexion not coming along as well as I’d expected. But I’m plugging along...
  3. P

    TKR Going on 5 month post RTKR.

    Hello all, My new knee recovery is going well now. 8 weeks post revision. I had been so frustrated & down bc the pain was so constant at 7 weeks, when the other knee I was good at 6-7 weeks and went back to work at 8 weeks. I’m sure the fall on my knees pushed my recovery back a week or so...
  4. P

    Revised PKR to TKR 4 Weeks Out Left TKR

    Hi all! I’ve been re-reading some of the posts and recommendations for post op knees. I have to say that my PT’s had me doing all the not recommended exercises and machines for my R Knee replacement. Took forever. This knee I’ve said no thanks to the PT’s pushing on my knee to get more flexion...
  5. P

    Revised PKR to TKR 4 Weeks Out Left TKR

    Thank you from the other side. Since I knew what to expect this time, things have been easier. I’m easier on myself too. This knee surgery went well & recovery is going better than other! Happy to be able to say that 5 days in. Going to a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) for rehab was a good...
  6. P

    Revised PKR to TKR LTKR ( a revision of Partial 9 years ago)

    Thank you for response. Surgery is getting close & Im getting everything put away & ready for house/pet sitter. Meals in fridge etc. Most anxiety about pain meds. I found out( the hard way) I’m allergic to oxycodone & they need to find something else!
  7. P

    TKR Going on 5 month post RTKR.

    Thank for the reminder of only 5 months into a year long recovery. My range of motion is over 110 , but not to 120, last time PT checked. Right Just a bit less than Left. I’ve since stopped PT. I am functional on both knees at this time. I ride my exercise-bike, do some exercises ( both...
  8. P

    TKR Going on 5 month post RTKR.

    Is it normal to continue to have significant discomfort walking or sitting for long periods at 5 months? I cannot seem to get to a mile walking yet- at one stretch.
  9. P

    Revised PKR to TKR LTKR ( a revision of Partial 9 years ago)

    I found the library of great information/ articles. I’ll be having L knee revision July 30th. Have to find a house & pet sitter for while I’m gone. Wish me luck!
  10. P

    2025 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July

    Surgery date Iis July 30th. Thank you for reply. Question- do I find the articles with all the helpful info in the Library? Thanks again
  11. P

    2025 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July

    Hi! I will be a July Sparkler. TLKR- a revision of 9 year old partial replacement. Please add me to the group. Thank you
  12. P

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Thank you for sharing, again, knee recovery guidelines. So very helpful! Am 4 weeks out, still 1 or 2 oxy depending on day activities, get tired quickly. Not driving yet, so my dog thinks I’m super boring. Some nights better than others, but ice, elevation, and rest continue to be my friends...
  13. P

    TKR Recovering alone from TKR: how can I do it?

    One month out. Recovery going better than expected. ROM coming back bit by bit. I’ve followed most of other TKR’s suggestions and everything worked out well enough. I’m grateful to others responses to my question as to how could I recover alone at home! Thank you! Now I’m looking for...
Back
Top Bottom