Recent content by overthehill

  1. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    I'm trying to go after this from all angles. The surgeon didn't say I had OA, at all, before my THR so I think it came from LLD. I know I can't reverse but I'm definitely trying to slow it down. I am not up for a TKR - ever - so I will just be gutting it out. Thanks for helping me.
  2. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    Also, I think a big difference might be I have LLD and am working on re-aligning my hips, which had caused only the left knee to wear down right knee is 100% fine.
  3. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    What about the prosthetic guy? He's trained and helped me a lot so far. Much more than the surgeons.
  4. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    Well it's been an upsetting and stressful couple weeks. Finding out that my left knee has been affected isn't good news. I thought I was good-to-go with my hip! What am I doing? I'm losing a few pounds (am overweight 15 lbs) going back to my knee PT and wearing my shoe lift all the time! I saw...
  5. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    Yes it is and I'm going to try. Is the side exercise specific to your situation (knee) or do you know if regular glute exercises aren't good for thin cartiledge? Thanks for you input and I wish you well.
  6. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    I wish I would have been more diligent about limping. I wish someone would have said something. If I would've used my shoe lift 100% I'd be ok, but I didn't know.
  7. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    Thanks Layla. I hope I can avoid surgery too! It feels daunting but I'm trying to be hopeful. I'm super anxious & depressed, but hanging in there.
  8. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    Got my second opinion yesterday. Left knee has thin cartilage, (on the inner part only) but not gone yet. I'm pretty sure it's from limping for 3 1/2 years due to left hip. I hope it's not too late to just manage it with shots and PT. I brought a list of questions and encountered an impatient...
  9. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    Thanks Benne. Will do asap.
  10. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    Not bone on bone - good time for shots?
  11. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    What would serial completion of the knee scale be like? How often?
  12. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    Thanks. I do need to ask more questions or get a second opinion. If I'm going to do "shots" I should do them before it wears down more, right? Why doesn't this surgeon tell me anything?
  13. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    Ok. I'm not bone-on-bone yet. Do you know anything about those "offloader" braces? I could afford one.
  14. O

    Leg discrepancy causing knee pain

    Ok. He suggested cortisone first. Is that because they're not that bad yet, I don't know. Is there any way to stop the deterioration?
Back
Top Bottom