I know what your going through. I had left TKR May last year and TKR February 4th this year. You're still so early in recovery and it's going to take some time to heal. I'm about 7 wks post surgery and still have some difficulty getting comfortable. I wake up about 4-5 times a night and usually...
Sounds like you are doing great. I think I did over do it with the bike the first time at the gym but have spent a lot of the day icing. I did notice my foot isn't quite as strong when applying brakes and driving so I think I need to cool it abit. I have a tendency to push things. Sleeping is...
Redsoxmama-How did you make out at the doctor? I went last Friday and got the ok to drive locally and start outpatient pt the end if this week three ties a week. I kind of overdid it yesterday by going to the gym and riding the bike for 29 minutes. A little sore today. My own fault
Sent...
Redsoxmama-thanks for the feedback. I came home on dilaudid 2 mg 2-3 every 3 hrs but now I'm taking 2 every 5-6 . We'll see how I do. I massaged it before bed tonite after exercise and taking 1/2 muscle relaxant. Pt tomorrow 3 times a week..hopefully I can sleep tonite. We are neighbors ...keep...
I think it's because I keep hearing these stories of people being over medicated and becoming addicted to the pain meds. Typically I take the pain medicine prescribed 1 every2- 3 hrs now 2 every 4-5 hrs. It knocks me out, well not literally, but does require me to lay down down. Maybe I'm...
Thank you for the feedback. I've been massaging the last couple days with some relief. I just wish I could be more comfortable at night. No matter what position I try I can't get comfortable. I know it's only been a week but I really want to be able to get off pain meds
Sent from my iPhone...
Just curious. Has anyone had muscle type cramps post knee surgery;? The last 2 nights I've had them and was discharged from hospital with a relaxant however the vna said I probably don't need them with dilutid sorry for misspelling. The dilutid is 2-3 tabs prn 3 hrs and I'm taking 2 every 4...
Came home yesterday and son spent the night to keep an eye on me Vna to call today as well as rehab ...Feeling the usual 4th day post surgical pain and working on the Bend issue. Enjoying my new chair and best of all ICE MACHINE!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Made it to the other side. Surgery was 2:00. Had nerve block -typical nit sleeping but pain is pretty well controlled for now and bladder us working! Just got up and walked and used commode. So happy to be starting rehab! Looking forward to many long walks in the summer months- pain free...
Thanks Today is the day. Surgery at 2:00. Have a nervous headache I assume this am and am surprised how nervous I am . This time tomorrow it will be done. Hoping and praying it goes smoothly. Thank you for the encouragement
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Thanks all. I'll get my surgery time late this pm. Enjoying morning coffee that I'll sure miss tomorrow my sons and daughter in law in from Florida which makes for a nice pre surgery day and they'll take me to the hospital and stay till I'm out of surgery. Thanks all for the support. See you...
Polar bear - Good luck with your upcoming surgery. Mine is Thursday - right one this time. Looking forward to finally having 2 good knees albeit really nervous with 2 days to go!
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Nervous here for second TKR. Last one was May 2015 left knee. That knee is great. Right one being replaced Thursday. Although I know what to expect and rehab went great getting nervous about now
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.