Recent content by Onestepatatime

  1. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    Do you recall it cutting pain across the kneecap and radiating?
  2. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    Hi All, So I cannot believe it is past six months since my surgery. I was doing great, and after four months my PT and I decided I plateaued at PT so I got discharged. I joined a gym with a private trainer who handles a lot of clients post surgeries. I had used him prior and was really eager to...
  3. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    Thanks, all. I will definitely listen to my body and scale back. I do need to now recover from the visit with my son. My job requires a fair amount of running around and that in and of itself feels like a lot. I thought I could resume a normal social life plus work and my body is saying NNNOOOO...
  4. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    Hi All, I know it's been almost a month, so wanted to check in. My knee is still swelling a good amount, and I feel like I am getting bursitis in my hip replacement side. Is it normal to have extremely weak quads? If I go up a stair without a banister I will fall. I do exercises to try and...
  5. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    @EalingGran thanks for the response. I did not anticipate how hard it would be to return to normal. How long will it take before getting up early to exercise, have a normal work day, and be able to go out after work? I went out the past two nights and while it was so good, I am absolutely...
  6. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    @Elf1 yes returning to work is exhausting. To everyone post TKR, is it normal to be really sore after 3 months? Yesterday I went to a work lunch, someone drove me and it was only an hour. Then I had PT after. Today I woke up a mess. My legs are so sore and my back hurt. Hoping arthritis is not...
  7. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    @Elf1 thank you for sharing that story. Good to know I’m not alone:) I went to PT today but a lot of the exercises hurt my foot too bad. The Velcro surgical shoe is lovely as well. My foot is too swollen to get into a sneaker. Returned to work Monday doing half days and I’m really exhausted...
  8. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    @Jockette thanks for the reply. I still can't believe I fell and broke my toe and am all banged up. I did not go to PT today, will see how I feel Wednesday. I forgot how tiring working is post op! It is 8:30 pm and I am getting ready for bed. I am exhausted!
  9. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    @sistersinhim Hi thanks for the reply. I work remote and only going to do 3-4 hours a day 3x a week and then gradually add more hours. I def need more PT, as my quads are very weak and walking and stairs is extremely difficult. Although my bend is ok, the rest of me still needs some help. I...
  10. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    Hello All, Wanted to give an update on myself: Today is my first day back at work. My doctor did approve the phased return. I used the guidelines provided by Bonesmart and modified it to fit my PT schedule and my boss was fine with it. My other update is, I broke my pinky toe over the weekend...
  11. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    Appointment with my surgeon went well. He was very pleased. He suggested I wait another week or two to return to work full-time. I think for my mental sanity I will transition next week and get up to speed with what I missed, and then the following week do fuller days. I know BS recommends 12...
  12. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    Great News! I measured easily 120 degrees and got a full forward motion on the bike!! Yay me!!! I was so happy and there were a lot of high fives going around. I need to learn stairs again, still cannot do stairs one foot over another. The terrible thing though, is the elevator in my building...
  13. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    @sistersinhim true, but I was paying for it. I had PT after that. I iced in between appointments for an hour. Girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!
  14. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    @Layla yeah it’s been a crappy summer but given I’m walking better now than when I was pre op is very promising. I live alone and it’s a lot of alone time which has its ups and downs for sure
  15. Onestepatatime

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    @Layla thank you so much! I got to 114 yesterday at PT and my therapist gave me a fist bump lol. I got my hair cut and colored yesterday. And other day I got fresh mani and pedi. These are milestones for me. I’m struggling with still being limited to what I can do. But will be nice not to go to...
Back
Top Bottom