Recent content by OJ2

  1. O

    TKR Meet "Mabel"! My new R Knee

    Hahaha @SusieShoes! When my dil was pregnant, she used to say "leave me alone. I am manufacturing another human here!" And we are getting our (old) body adjusted to a new, metal part. Who says you can't teach an old leg new tricks?
  2. O

    TKR The adventure begins

    There seem to be many corners on this road to recovery, but each one gets you a little further along the path. Enjoy them all.
  3. O

    TKR JJ65's RTKR Recovery Thread

    Awesome rehab! You are really doing well. Just remember for stairs, different stair risers can be different heights. Just take ALL stairs carefully and hold on the the railings, no matter which direction you are going.
  4. O

    Bilateral TKR Surgery complete. Now the fun begins.

    Everyone is different in how they respond to drugs and the surgery. Communication is very important to let the health professionals know what and how you are feeling. I feel the therapy protocols are probably very similar for everyone, but when you can actually do them is different for each...
  5. O

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    Definitely different types of massage depending on where you are in this journey.
  6. O

    Bilateral TKR Hello!<

    And don't forget that your gp can be a great source for pain control. He/she should be better able to monitor you that your surgeon, and probably knows more about pain control.
  7. O

    PKR Mom2Four Rebecca's TKR Recovery Journey<

    I am so sorry you needed this surgery at such a young age. There is definitely a mental side to this recovery, as well as the physical side. I wish you every good thing as your journey continues.
  8. O

    Bilateral TKR Surgery complete. Now the fun begins.

    Hopefully your PT will only consist of getting up on your feet. Therapy has to be a non-painful progression. My first PT consisted of a walk down the hall, but the therapist was ready to stop at the door and put me back in bed if that was all I could do. Make sure your therapist listens to you...
  9. O

    TKR Slow and Steady Recovery

    So sorry for your horrible hospital experience. Fortunately those hospitals are few and far between. I hope now that you are home, you will settle in nicely. Happy healing.
  10. O

    Bilateral TKR Hello!<

    So many people are going to read your post and " Yep. Same here. " I am so sorry for all of your pain. Please remember that you are a super star. Not many people could go through bilateral surgery as you have. I think you will pleasantly surprised at the great responses you get to your post...
  11. O

    TKR Trying to stay positive

    @Polkadot my doctor may be more understand of the need to sleep because she has a baby at home! Lol.
  12. O

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    I like the comparison to a long, windy road. But it can also be the scenic route. Each of us has a different healing time and we each have different pain tolerances. And why continue to beat your knee up through painful activities while it is so valiantly trying to heal. Your knee will tell you...
  13. O

    TKR Trying to stay positive

    @Josephine never knew that. Thanks. Just got back from Dr visit. I told her I needed a plan for sleep, for pain control, and for muscle relaxation. I came home with all 3. She feels that sleep is SO important to the healing process and she thinks I can deal with weaning off the ambien once my...
  14. O

    TKR Trying to stay positive

    @Josephine thank you. Sometimes I forget where I am when I am posting.
  15. O

    TKR My recovery

    I too walk intentional, trying to have my heel strike the ground first, which stretches out the leg. And I hate the sleeplessness! I cannot even imagine having to go back to work when you cannot sleep. Ok, orthos out there- solve our sleeping problem and we will be forever grateful!
Back
Top Bottom