Recent content by Odieodell

  1. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    Good news: The pain I was having in my surgical knee for nearly 5 months after 2.5 years post-op has resolved itself. I believe it was an impinged nerve. I wonder if nerves are still reconnecting that late after surgery. Bad news: I have started getting some pain in my other knee.
  2. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    I am making plans to see a local sports doctor who has excellent reviews regarding the pain I have been having since August as previously posted. I've also been doing a lot of internet searching to see if others have had similar pain late post-op following TKR. I found quite a bit regarding...
  3. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    @mendogal your advice actually makes a lot of sense. I never considered that these specialists would look at a joint that had been replaced. I didn’t get a strong sense of confidence that my surgeon had any idea what could possibly be wrong since the implant wasn't loose in the recent x-ray. I...
  4. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    @mendogal so you recommend seeing any of these specialists as opposed to my surgeon? Would an ultrasound reveal more than at CT Scan or MRI? The implant doesn't hurt and it makes no sense why I now have this pain 2.5 years post-op. I certainly hope I never have to consider a revision.
  5. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    I continue to be frustrated with this new knee pain I have frequently had on and off since August after being pain free for 2.5 years. I did visit my surgeon and the implant on the x-rays looked good. I've felt all along it is tissue pain. He suggested a bone density scan which I am getting...
  6. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    @mendogal thanks for sharing your suggestions. I thought my normal sports activities (golf, tennis and pickleball) would strengthen my quad, but apparently not. I had noticed prior to the knee pain starting would have a sore calf muscle and my Achilles would ache. I have been doing some at...
  7. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    So a full month later and I’m still having pain issues with my knee 2.5 years since surgery. It feels like kneecap alignment problems. It doesn't bother me much just to walk, but sports activities trigger the pain. I have some stiffness and reduced bend. I've still been icing it in the evenings...
  8. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    So I’m almost 2-1/2 years post-op and the knee has felt good. However, after playing tennis doubles last week my knee began to hurt a bit above the kneecap, but mostly to the medial side like where before TKR meniscus pain would be. When I get up in the morning it doesn't hurt, but the longer...
  9. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    I forgot yesterday was my two-year anniversary! That’s a good thing!
  10. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    I have had this pain since the beginning of my recovery. I’ve asked if I might have a Baker’s Cyst, but I’ve been told no. I’ll look into the other two possibilities you mentioned.
  11. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    I am approaching my 2 year anniversary of my LTKR. Overall, I have been very happy with it and can do most any activity I want. I believe my flexion is still about 120. However, I still have tissue type pain behind my knee if I try to bend my knee beyond that. I constantly work on my bend. I...
  12. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    I have a question about a friend who had his left knee replaced almost 12 weeks ago. He went to my same surgeon and also had a Conformis implant. I was shocked when I saw him today walking with a very bent knee. I asked him when he sees the surgeon again and he said not for two years! I know...
  13. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    Thanks for your reply. I’m not pushing myself, but simply doing the daily activities I love. I hope eventually I will gain enough flexion (similar to my right knee) that the tissue soreness goes away.
  14. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    I’m now at about 18 months since I had my LTKR surgery. No pain from daily activities or sports (golf, pickleball and tennis). I’m guessing my flexion is currently around 120 or 125, so I believe I’m still improving. The only pain I ever have is in the evening when I work on flexion and bend...
  15. O

    TKR TKR Progress

    @FCBayern that is very exciting news to hear!! :cheers:
Back
Top Bottom