Recent content by Nyc1961

  1. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Good morning, All the advice I received has been really helpful and I was actually comforted and a little less anxious after reading the comments and suggestions. Perhaps I’m slowly coming to terms with accepting I may need revision surgery. I did contact the PA this week who diagnosed psoas...
  2. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    My pain is worsening each day. I’ve only had a few PT sessions with my new therapist and even though I’m confident in her experience, psoas impingement and trochanter bursitis are making my life miserable. I have swelling in my thigh, groin and now radiating to my lower back and buttocks. It...
  3. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Puggles, Hugs will certainly help right now. All the wonderful support I’ve been receiving from everyone on this blog takes some of the fears and anxiety away for awhile. Best wishes to you and I hope you are doing well right now!
  4. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Your well wishes and support are so appreciated right now! It’s so depressing and discouraging to feel as though none of these doctors really care after they are done with the surgical procedures. After reading your comments I no longer feel so alone. For a long time, I felt as though I was...
  5. N

    THR Anyone have low bone density/ osteoporosis?

    Hello, I also have osteopenia and when I mentioned it to my surgeon before my anterior hip replacement, all he said was that he would determine what needed to be done once he started operating. Now after 11 months and constant pain and problems, I still can’t believe my ignorance in not asking...
  6. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    I am at a complete loss trying to figure out what to do next! The surgeon’s PA said I definitely have left psoas strain, adding to my trochanter bursitis. He highly recommended a PT that I remember seeing four years ago for my cervical spine issues. I honestly can’t remember any negatives...
  7. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Today I had another test at the hospital and after that, decided to treat myself to a leisurely lunch outside at one of my favorite outdoor restaurants. In the past, before my life with constant hip pain, this would have boosted my spirits for days. Sadly, I found myself unable to smile and...
  8. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Helena, It’s a glimmer of hope to hear your comments. I’m just so discouraged because my pain has accelerated recently and when surgeons tell you there is no cure for recalcitrant trochanter bursitis and psoas bursitis, it’s so depressing and hard to remain optimistic.
  9. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Thank you for your best wishes and sending you the same. I totally understand and it is a source of comfort to know there is another person dealing with the frustration of dealing with ongoing pain and very few answers. I spent most of the day researching this condition and finally found a dr...
  10. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    I realized after today’s appointment with the surgeon’s PA there are no answers or an easy fix to what I’ve been left with as a result of surgery. I really have confidence in my new surgeon and his PA is exceptional. He didn’t feel it was necessary to have another X-ray at this time since the...
  11. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    I’m so grateful for your continued support! I also realize living alone is definitely a contributing factor to my stress level. The one pleasure I loved, walking, which always brought enjoyment and relief of stress is now limited because of pain. Yes, it’s very frustrating and depressing...
  12. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    This was a depressing stressful day. After filling out 15 new patient forms in yet another mega orthopedic practice and waiting patiently once again as all my cds were downloaded, this new doctor listened to my nightmare story, and proceeded to examine me. After reviewing all the discs, he told...
  13. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Good morning, Just about to get ready for my visit to the sports medicine physician and read your post; what timing! You must have seen me crying and stressed out right now. I really thought this improvement would last but not only am in very bad pain, it’s worse than anything I have...
  14. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Hello, Nice to hear from you! I’ve been occupied with recovering from my first cataract surgery and a second one scheduled for August 26. I find it mildly irritating when reminded this is nothing compared to what I endured almost a year ago. Of course, there is no comparison but it’s still...
  15. N

    THR Arthroscopic hip bursectomy post THR?

    Can anyone share their experiences with having arthroscopic hip bursectomy after THR? I am going to schedule an appointment with a surgeon to discuss this procedure for trochanter bursitis and release of IT Band. PT is only aggravating this condition. Also, has anyone achieved success with...
Back
Top Bottom