Recent content by NWhipster

  1. N

    THR Fully bionic and doing great

    Clipper, I had anterior on both. The screw was on my second surgery (the right). My OS said the screw was there based on fit. He felt the right needed to be secured better. Post op pain has been minimal. I did PT after both but not much more than 4 weeks on both. Sent from my iPhone
  2. N

    THR Fully bionic and doing great

    5 months post op left hip, 2 months right hip. Went to my OS this week and he told me that he did not need to see my until December. It is going great, close to pre-hip issues. I can sleep on either side and no problem putting on shoes. Fitbit step total are getting up there. I can't wait...
  3. N

    THR Fully bionic and doing great

    Thanks Jaycee and Rhino1. Rhino1, how are you doing? Sent from my iPhone
  4. N

    THR Fully bionic and doing great

    I am now 2 weeks post op. Every thing is going well. I can walk up and down stairs like normal (holding on to the rail of course). I can walk most places in assisted. I have a little pain in the hip, mostly when I wake up. The left hip (13 weeks Post Op) is doing great, almost like it never...
  5. N

    Revision THR Hip Revision

    Rhino1, I am glad to here you are doing well. I liked to think that is a good sign since our surgeries were on the same day. Have a great holiday season and here's to a speedy recovery. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  6. N

    THR Fully bionic and doing great

    I got home the day after surgery. They did a good job evaluating my mobility abilities. For me it is hard get any sleep in the hospital. I am happy get my recovery going at home. It is too early to know if right THR will recover as fast as my left (done 9/23/2016). However, some of the PT...
  7. N

    THR Fully bionic and doing great

    Surgery when well today. l have new hips for Christmas. I expect to get released tomorrow. The pain is not bad. Left hip 9/23/2016, right hip today. I am hopeful this recovery is like left THR (it was quick). I have a great doctor and staff in the hospital. I am am lucky to have family...
  8. N

    Right THR - about leg length discrepancy

    Thanks everyone. The surgery went well. I am in the hospital now and should be released tomorrow. I love my look forward to getting my back with two hips. Sent from my iPhone
  9. N

    Revision THR Hip Revision

    Good luck tomorrow Rhino. I go in tomorrow for my second THR. I look forward to starting the new year with two new hips. I assume the Mayo Clinic will treat you right and give a long lasting hip. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  10. N

    Right THR - about leg length discrepancy

    Tuesday 12/20 I go in to replace my right hip (my left hip was replaced in September). When I had my left hip replaced my OS explained that I would have two scars for my anterior surgery. Of course for the THR but also a scar on the right for the indexing pin to determine the right leg length...
  11. N

    In state of shock...

    The shock is very familiar to me. I am 58 but my mind still think I am in my 20s. When my Dr told me after looking at my X rays it wasn't a matter of if, it was when I would do a THR on my left hip and then my right hip. In a way I was lucky that my OA went downhill very fast on my left hip...
  12. N

    Should I get THR?

    Marcus58, I am your same age. The affects of osteoarthritis came on very quickly for me. For months I though my stiffness and being sore was just a function of getting older. Then around the first of the year the pain got worse and I started to limp more. I went to my regular Dr and after x...
  13. N

    How many second THR are done?

    Hip Hip Hooray, I am so glad it worked out for you. After my first and with my second in mind I remember asking my PT about people that do bilateral THR, she said it is not done often and the initial recovery is difficult. I to has an anterior THR on my left and the right coming up will be...
  14. N

    So THR #2 is scheduled for 12/20/2016

    Froggymom, It sure helps to have great support. I appreciate this forum and the wealth of knowledge. For what it is worth I believe in positive thinking and science. We live in an age where we can change our lives with a medical procedure or two. 100 year ago we would be sentenced to the...
  15. N

    So THR #2 is scheduled for 12/20/2016

    I forgot to mention that my right THR surgery is scheduled for 12/20/2016. My doctor suggested that the preparation, surgery and recuperation should copy what we did for my left hip. I agree, it was very successful with same day release from the hospital and walking un-assisted 1 1/2 weeks...
Back
Top Bottom