Recent content by NuNees2019

  1. N

    First Knee 19 Aug

    August 2019 has been a pretty tough month. My appointment with the surgeon had to be re-scheduled to the 28th of August. On the 27th of August, my father passed away unexpectedly. I kept that appointment on the 28th - and it was tough to do, but the surgeon was going to be on TDY for 30 days...
  2. N

    First Knee 19 Aug

    I was overcome with grief for a few days. To live like this with this pain for the rest of my life was overwhelming. I am somewhat recovered from the initial disclosure that I couldn't have the TKR. Many are praying that God will intervene and give me a miracle. I have an appointment with the...
  3. N

    First Knee 19 Aug

    He declined the surgery! I am heartbroken! I will meet with him next week, and he may be able to offer some other options (trials) to deal with the pain until an implant that I am not sensitive to is created (very unlikely, as I am in an extremely small percentage of individuals who is...
  4. N

    First Knee 19 Aug

    wow, I received my blood test results for metals and cements. Report says I am highly reactive to nickel (at Index 15). Reactive to Cobalt and Zirconium. Mildly reactive to aluminum. Have called my surgeon and hope to hear from him or his nurse tomorrow.
  5. N

    First Knee 19 Aug

    Thank you all for sharing what you know. The TKR is covered by Tricare, so I will have to see if my PCP will give me the needed 'rx' or whatever it is called to have the blood draw completed. I have a civilian doctor who will give me that scrip, but it just means I'll have to add another $150 to...
  6. N

    First Knee 19 Aug

    Hello, and thanks Carole4815, and luvcats for your comments. Carole4815, I also plan on the second knee about 7-8 weeks after the first, providing all goes well with the first knee. :) My prayers for you that all goes well! luvcats, I have lived in C Springs for about 18 years. Lived on the...
  7. N

    First Knee 19 Aug

    Having my first total knee replacement on the left knee 19 August at Evans Army Hospital in Colorado Springs, CO
Back
Top Bottom