I have been active my entire life, so it came as a shock when I was told the pain in my hip, that would not go away, was arthritis.
It was even more shocking when the doctor told me I would need a hip replacement! I was diagnosed with congenital hip dysphasia.
I'm in my early 50s and I, like many people, assumed you needed a hip replacement when you were much much older!
I have learned that is not the case, and there are many reasons for hip replacement in people of any age.
Whatever the reason, we are all facing the hip replacement surgery, and the thought is quite scary and humbling.
I now have such empathy for anyone suffering from joint pain.
The pain makes everyday a struggle and changes your life.
I'm looking forward being able to do all of the things I took for granted.
- Birthday
-
December 7
- Location
-
Tampa Bay
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States