Recent content by NewsMan22

  1. N

    Let the recovery begin!

    But not from makoplasty! PFJR of my right knee was the plan...but as some general once said "a plan never survives contact with the enemy." Turns out the enemy may have been my first OS and his previous 2 operations. I 2008 and 2010 I had TTO's with a lateral release, all on my right knee...
  2. N

    Surgery. With Robots!

    Well, I had surgery today and it didn't go as planned. OS had to call an audible after he cut me open, but everything worked out well. I 2008 and 2010 I had TTO's with a lateral release, all on my right knee which I damaged playing football. (Not the same guy who I'm with now) In 2011 I had...
  3. N

    Surgery. With Robots!

    No need to rename the thread, since we finally made a decision. After much thought, prayer, and consideration, I've decided to go forward with the Makoplasty. There was just too much of an unknown with the microfracture. Surgery is this coming Monday, so now I get to sit around and wait!
  4. N

    Surgery. With Robots!

    ...um, so does anyone know how to change the title of the thread?... Anyone? Bueller?
  5. N

    Surgery. With Robots!

    Well, my pre-op visit was interesting. My OS floated the idea of microfracture surgery to try and regrow the cartiliage, rather than start the knee replacement process at 28. Microfracture is by no means a solution or a cure to the OA I have, BUT it's a decent 2-5 year solution. My OS...
  6. N

    Surgery. With Robots!

    I remember MacGuyver! Re-runs, I think. I'll have to check out that site and see what I find. Got my pre-op visit / testing tomorrow and I am trying to come up with a list of questions that I haven't already asked. Was your surgery straight forward? Any complications? Did it go as...
  7. N

    Surgery. With Robots!

    Was the Cryo machine a big help? My doc recommends the GameReady system, but a 300 bucks a week...yikes. I almost wish I could rig something up with a fishpond pump and a cooler...
  8. N

    Surgery. With Robots!

    Hi All, It's that time...7 years after blowing out my knee playing football, the doc says the next step is partial knee replacement. Specifically, Makoplasty. For those of you unfamiliar with the process...my surgeon will use all kinds of fun technology to make sure a fancy new bottom to...
  9. N

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Partial Knee Replacement...of the patellofemoral variety...scheduled for October 7th!
Back
Top Bottom