Recent content by NewKnees2020

  1. NewKnees2020

    PKR 2nd PKR in 2020

    They were all done by different surgeons, many of which I don’t remember to be honest. You see them once before the procedure and then never again… 2002 - right knee scope and lateral release 2009 - left knee scope and lateral release (complications with a DVT forming in my leg) 2012 - right...
  2. NewKnees2020

    PKR 2nd PKR in 2020

    Unfortunately there just aren’t any surgeons around here that even know about PKR’s. It took me years of fighting our Health Care system (seeing multiple surgeons) to even find the one I had. I can’t tell you the number of times that I was told that TKR is the only option, that knee caps just...
  3. NewKnees2020

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    This!! I’m so glad I stumbled upon your feed right now! Prior to my PKR’s I had (combined) 3 scopes, 2 lateral releases, and a micro fracture. I can’t help but wondering if all the pain and weakness I’m still experiencing is from those stupid lateral releases. The PKR’s certainly didn’t help the...
  4. NewKnees2020

    PKR 2nd PKR in 2020

    This!! I’m so glad I stumbled upon your feed right now! Prior to my PKR’s I had (combined) 3 scopes, 2 lateral releases, and a micro fracture. I can’t help but wondering if all the pain and weakness I’m still experiencing is from those stupid lateral releases. The PKR’s certainly didn’t help the...
  5. NewKnees2020

    PKR 2nd PKR in 2020

    So it’s been a while since I posted, as everything has seemed to be coming along. Right knee PKR is a little over 2 years old, left is a year and a half. Things were going well, especially after I started back at work full time with Covid restrictions hindering my job a little less (at least in...
  6. NewKnees2020

    PKR 2nd PKR in 2020

    Thanks Cococay! Zingers are shooting pains that literally catch your breath for a second. My understanding is that they happen when the nerves are trying to figure themselves out and reconnect after the surgery. During my first recovery, I’d be just relaxing in bed or on the couch, and the...
  7. NewKnees2020

    PKR 2nd PKR in 2020

    Thanks so much! My right knee was February 25, 2020 and my left was November 9, 2020.
  8. NewKnees2020

    PKR 2nd PKR in 2020

    Hi All, First of all, I want to say thank you so much for this site! I had my first patello-femoral replacement (on my right knee) at the end of February, and had my second (on my left) this past Monday. The first one was filled with all sorts of surprises and questions. This site definitely...
Back
Top Bottom