Recent content by Nanny49

  1. N

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    I have Sjogrens , but also have osteoarthritis. I think I may have RA, but it hasn't shown up on blood work. Both of my knees were also deformed. The knee I had replaced is now straight. My other knee is not. My bend is actually really good, I can bend it like I did before surgery. It's the...
  2. N

    TKR Nanny49 May Need a Revision

    Thanks Jamie, I always blamed my autoimmune because I didn't know what was wrong and the drs. couldn't really tell me either. My Rheumatologist even put me on a biologic injection for 6 months to see if that may help with the inflammation of my knee. It didn't help and I told her I was going...
  3. N

    TKR Nanny49 May Need a Revision

    I have a question, does anyone out there have a autoimmune disease? I sometimes wonder if my autoimmune is rejecting the knee replacement. I have had other surgeries like on my thumb and it didn't turn out either, still sore. I have arthritis all over, both knees, neck, back, feet, and hands...
  4. N

    TKR Nanny49 May Need a Revision

    Thanks Pumpkin, I think I will see what my dr. says, I have an appointment next Thursday, maybe he saw something on the x-ray this time. If not then I may consider outside of Kaiser.
  5. N

    TKR Nanny49 May Need a Revision

    Thanks for your reply Jamie. My problem is that I am with Kaiser Permanente so it's hard to find a dr. that doesn't know my dr. who did the surgery. My dr. did ask if I would like a second opinion, I'm just now sure who. I live in Vancouver WA, or next to Portland Oregon.
  6. N

    TKR Nanny49 May Need a Revision

    I may have to have a revision TKR. I have had pain and swelling since I had my TKR 27 months ago. My surgery ,went fine, but my pain was not controlled until the next day. So because of that I wasn't able to do my exercises until then. My physical therapy went okay. I have had swelling in my...
Back
Top Bottom