Recent content by MyMamaTKR

  1. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    Thank you for your post! We aren't too sure when she will return to work. Waiting for the Dr to tell her when she should next Tuesday really. We have heard the same thing abou the outpatient pt. About not letting them push or pull or hurt her knee and the weights. But what if she goes in and...
  2. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    i hope everyone is doing well! So my mother is now 6 weeks post op, and things have gotten better. She has done great with her in home physical therapy which today is her last session of that. She goes to the dr on Tuesday for her 6 week appt.. She's still in quite a bit of pain, and her energy...
  3. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    @Josephine ... Her pain levels are anywhere from 3-7 like I said just depends on her level of activity and time between pain meds She was prescribed and takes oxycodone every 6 hours. She takes valium once every 8 hours, but does take it every day. She has slight swelling at this point. Her...
  4. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    @Josephine .. I didn't see this I'm sorry.. Sure
  5. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    Thank you. You all are so very helpful. Right now some days are better. Others are not. I just got up to check on her and found her sitting here crying. Broke my heart. Nothing is necissarily wrong, she said she's just so tired of this already and tired of feeling bad and hurting. She is doing...
  6. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    @Celle thanks again.. I will read her your post
  7. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    @Celle Thanks again.. I read those articles in the middle Of the night one night so things have slipped my mind.. I do remember this article now. Which it makes perfect sense of course. She did great with PT today.. Even did leg lifts! She's really progressing well.. And it really helps she's...
  8. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    Thanks everyone.. Her PT is actually really sweet and if anything hurts her she actually has her stop. I mean she does push her but she she seems very aware to her being in any pain. It seems we have turned a corner. The last couple of days have been much better pain wise. We've actually...
  9. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    @Celle Thanks so much. With the assistance of the walker she is getting around the house by herself and the exercises I'm really just counting off for her and telling her what to do. Not very often I can tell my mama what to do haha...you are exactly right with the things I am helping her do...
  10. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    @zzevi thanks for your response! I guess we hadn't really thought about calling about the pain meds just thinking you get what you get. But of course they should be able to do something. I don't know why we haven't called yet! Silly I guess
  11. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    @Celle ..... I haven't read very many people on here who haven't had the help of someone during their recovery. It would be much more difficult anyway. She normally does take care of herself but a crippling surgery is enough for anyone to need some help. @Grammy211 thank you for all your...
  12. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    Thank you Thank You Thank you.. I just read this aloud to her and I think your response as well as the others has eased her mind a bit tonight. I do think we need to elevate more but we use the ice machine religiously also. I don't think the pain meds are working as well as they should but I am...
  13. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    Oh thank you sooo much. I will call the doctor tomorrow. Honestly I've never had to deal with anything like this before so all the help is much needed and appreciated very much. I will be reading these articles tonight. They prescribed her with hydrocodone and oxycodone before surgery so that's...
  14. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    Thanks Eliza I think the pain has taken her surprise too, and everything being soooo difficult. Sitting, standing, lying down, even sleeping. I've been right by her side through it all, I may not feel the pain but I see it in her and it makes me hurt too.. not as bad I'm sure haha... every time...
  15. MyMamaTKR

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    Hello everyone! I come here because I have spent the past 11 days caring for my 60 yr old mother who had TKR on Wednesday Feb. 1st.. From my standpoint she's doing really well. The PT has said she is doing well and already has 70 degree bend. She is using assistance of a walker but is doing...
Back
Top Bottom