Recent content by myellenbee

  1. myellenbee

    TKR When oh when oh when

    I'm 65 and about 9 weeks out from a rttkr and what you described is how I am feeling too. I am doing so much better overall but still have pain and mild swelling. I guess it's a plateau in recovery. Things are still progressing but much slower. It gets discouraging. I had to stop all NSAIDs they...
  2. myellenbee

    TKR Had my rt tkr Feb 1st.

    Thanks for all the encouragement. Sleep deprivation and crazy random pain being normal helps. On a good note, at exactly 6 weeks, due to the need to see a specialist for my daughter this week, we had a drive of 3 hrs each way an 3 hrs with doc. Such a long day and I was totally wiped out. BUT...
  3. myellenbee

    TKR Had my rt tkr Feb 1st.

    Question. I'm 5 1/2 weeks out from my rt tkr and overall Im doing well with walking and ROM and comparatively mild swelling, but I'm having a lot of sharp and burning pain at the top of my shin all the time. Is this normal? I'm still needing pain pills mainly from that. I do still have...
  4. myellenbee

    TKR LTKR - 16/02/23 - Hip buttock pain

    So sorry you are having the the gnawing hip pain. My first 2 weeks I had hip and groin pain worse than the knee pain. It was my sciatic nerve flaring up. I had a medrol dose pack that calmed it. And Iess acute angle of elevation of my leg. Also ice to my buttock. I really hope you get relief.
  5. myellenbee

    TKR Had my rt tkr Feb 1st.

    Thank you all so much for your help. @beachy you put it well. The pain is more heavy and stiff now, less sharp. And I had started doing more a few days ago and have backed off. The last 2 nights were better- funny how that works.
  6. myellenbee

    TKR Had my rt tkr Feb 1st.

    The good news is my bp is continuing to slowly go back down! I do miss the pain relief the NSAIDs gave though. My main problem is the nights have gotten very hard. I can be very tired but cant fall asleep. Im taking a pain pill at night but it seems like the shooting pains are worse, to the...
  7. myellenbee

    TKR Had my rt tkr Feb 1st.

    Thanks, I think no NSAIDs is helping. 24 hrs with out and average bp 5 pts lower. But I can also tell how much they helped the stiffness in my knee. Sigh. I'm setting a timer for tylenol to stay on top of the pain. It got ahead of me last night to point the oxytocin didn't help much. Daylight...
  8. myellenbee

    TKR Had my rt tkr Feb 1st.

    Im 3 weeks post op today! Compared to left knee 6 years ago which was horrible in so many ways this has been a walk in the park. The medrol dose pack and a chiropractor helped the sciatic pain a lot. But I know recovery is up and down. I've had pretty elevted bp since surgery. So doc stopped...
  9. myellenbee

    TKR Had my rt tkr Feb 1st.

    Thanks everyone for your support. It was very helpful, you definitely encouraged and cheered me up!. I had my lt. Tkr 6 1/2 years ago and this is much so much smoother but out patient or not its still a big deal. Today is exactly 2 weeks post op. I've developed an inflamed static nerve on the...
  10. myellenbee

    TKR Had my rt tkr Feb 1st.

    My rt tkr was February 1st. So 2 weeks post op. My staples were removed today. I'm doing SO much better than when my left was done.I have home PT 3x a week which is gentle and has a lot of safety teaching re stairs sitting and standing safely and I can already bend 75-80 °. But seems everyone...
Back
Top Bottom