Recent content by MyBionicEra

  1. M

    THR New Here - THR - Day 21 Post Op - Encouragement Please!

    Hello! Thanks for checking in @Layla :) YES to being able to drive and it's glorious :) All is well with recovery and tomorrow is officially 9 weeks. I'm doing upgraded PT exercises now, my Peloton with low resistance and treadmill walking when it's too cold to be outside. I definitely feel...
  2. M

    THR 6 months after

    @Fanny First of all, I must say that I LOVE the fact that you're 80 years young and are logging into a forum for support - celebrating you for that! I'm only 7 weeks post op and although I also fatigue quickly, I notice that it's worse if I don't drink a lot of water during the day. Hydration...
  3. M

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    HIGHS + LOWS. I'm 47 days post THR and I am amazed by the mobility I have. Walking without pain or a limp for the first time in years is a blessing and I did 22 minutes on my Peloton bike today! There are many positives however I'm very challenged with what feels like mild depression. Now, it...
  4. M

    THR New Here - THR - Day 21 Post Op - Encouragement Please!

    Today is my 4 week Hip-aversary. I've been experiencing a deep aching pain in my upper glute (off/on during the day/night) and also in my knee (when I sleep) - both on my operated leg. I had to resort to taking medication this evening because the glute pain was throbbing. I haven't done much...
  5. M

    THR New Here - THR - Day 21 Post Op - Encouragement Please!

    Congrats on making it to the gym today! It must feel so good to work on your strength. I will admit, I did a few tricep dips using my walker today :heehee: It's actually quite effective for that. It's been 22 days and I thought I'd be walking without a limp by now...however, that's not the...
  6. M

    THR New Here - THR - Day 21 Post Op - Encouragement Please!

    Thank you, I feel very welcomed here!
  7. M

    THR New Here - THR - Day 21 Post Op - Encouragement Please!

    I appreciate the time you took to respond to this! Sounds like we both love to move and breaking your hip must have been a big shock for you to experience while on vacation :( I'm going to start adding upper body exercises with LIGHT weight, seated this week and listen closely. I can actually...
  8. M

    THR New Here - THR - Day 21 Post Op - Encouragement Please!

    Hi all! I had my right hip replaced on November 18th, 2024 and will be celebrating my 3 week Hip-Aversary tomorrow! My procedure was done via lateral incision. I had a torn labrum, arthritis, hip dysplasia and also have hypermobility in some joints (the hips are one of them!). Years of intense...
Back
Top Bottom