Recent content by Muttie

  1. M

    TKR 4 months out with pain going down stairs

    Hello everyone, I'm 4 months out and xrays look great according to doctor. I'm concerned though. I sometimes have sharp pain in my knee when walking down stairs and a feeling like my knee will go out. It never does but it makes me very cautious when walking downstairs. Has anyone else had...
  2. M

    TKR 4 months out with pain going down stairs

    My February 20th surgery went well, the surgery took 30 minutes. I still can't believe that. I am 6 weeks and change from my surgery date. My ROM is excellent. At 3 weeks post op I could bend my knee 113 degrees , off the cane, and walking up and down stairs easily. I still have pain when...
  3. M

    TKR Left TKR

    Yes kneeper, They are using a short (4 hour) spinal block and a femoral block that lasts possibly 48 hours, but at least 24 hours. That is it. I remember not having any pain with the last knee replacement until the block wore off at about 24 hours. I've spoken to my neurologist who told me...
  4. M

    TKR Left TKR

    Thank you so much for you encouraging message. I will tell you I have had a lot of surgeries. Thyroidectomy (due to cancer), 2 differect cervical disc replacements (my career had me looking down all the time), a thumb joint rebuild (again career) , 2 different surgeries to cut out neuromas in...
  5. M

    TKR Left TKR

    Thank you for this wonderful set of ideas/ information. I had my right knee replaced in 2008. I was miserable from the pain and said I would sit in a wheelchair before I ever had the other done (because of the post op pain). I was given oxy 10/325, there was no limit. I took the suggested...
  6. M

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    I am getting an Left leg TKR on February 20, 2023. I am also a side sleeper and have never been able to sleep on my back. Let me know if that pregnancy pillow works. I had my left leg done 10 years ago and was miserable trying to sleep.
  7. M

    TKR Left TKR

    Im having left knee replacement February 20th 2023
Back
Top Bottom