Recent content by Murray

  1. M

    Equipment List??

    Here’s the things I have used since my LTKR (13 July 2011): I used a fold-up walker for almost two weeks, then graduated to a cane, which I still use in public but not at home. The wedge pillow for leg elevation I found to be indispensable, insofar as pillows did not give me the same level...
  2. M

    Questions about Scopes and Injections

    I had cortisone shots a couple of times; they didn't seem to do much good past a few weeks. So the doctor said that given the condition of my left knee, which was at the time bone-on-bone, that he recommended trying some lubrication shots. I went along with that, and had some Euflexxa injected...
  3. M

    Pre - Op physical therapy

    Exercising prior to surgery is VERY important, IMO. For six months prior to my surgery (LTKR July 13 2011) I went to a gym at least twice a week, sometimes three or four times a week. I spent at least an hour each time, doing leg presses (@140#); leg lifts; using weights on pulleys against the...
Back
Top Bottom