Recent content by Murphsouth

  1. M

    Revision TKR New Knee Revision ..... so Far so good

    Much trepidation on getting this revision. Revisions are only a 50/50 chance of coming out with anything better than the last TKR 3 years ago. My fear gave way to the desire to get back in the game of life (biking, hiking, etc.). The hardware I had would only let me do 65% of my activities but I...
  2. M

    TKR Rich13hvr recovery

    You're early on in the recovery process but after you get over the rough part (stitches, etc.), follow the PT religiously to get your range of motion back. That's critical before strengthening your leg.
  3. M

    Revision TKR New Knee Revision ..... so Far so good

    I have a painful knee (TKR 2 yrs ago) and am scheduled for revision surgery Feb 2020. I went through a similar cycle of recovery, got back in shape (62 yrs, soccer, biking, etc.), then the knee got worse. I've stopped 85% of the hard physical stuff I was doing and it has gotten better but if I...
  4. M

    Revision TKR Frustrated in NC

    Bummer in the Summer on that TKR. I'm also here in NC and my replacement left me with enough pain that I'm considering revision. The statistics aren't encouraging (50% according to the Scheduler). You didn't have your procedure done at one of our most prestigious universities (rhymes with...
  5. M

    Revision TKR New Knee Revision ..... so Far so good

    thanks for clarifying those points. I'm glad they don't have to hack through semi-hard tissue during the revision. And I understood that the upper and lower components would be hard to 'break' as I stated. I am suspecting something came loose. I've attached my X-Rays in a time series over the...
  6. M

    Revision TKR New Knee Revision ..... so Far so good

    Thank you kindly for your response Celle. I already am on my 2nd opinion and both of these guys were Duke guys. I guess I'm satisfied that the rather discursive manner that they use to detect a good vs. a bad post-operative result. I say that because I don't like being told "I don't know..." but...
  7. M

    Revision TKR New Knee Revision ..... so Far so good

    Hi, Details on TKR: Replacement Date; 01Sep2017 (est.). Left knee Device; Smith&Nephews FEM, Journey II, BCS COCR, SZ5 L-LOG2513070, XLPE spacer plate, no details on the tibial spike, PVA glue. Problem as described in the general whining section (previously posted). Note that my description...
  8. M

    Revision TKR New Knee Revision ..... so Far so good

    Thanks for straightening me out Josephine. I'm waiting for X-Ray number 3 then I'll post the pictures. The bone scan I had was not helpful to the Dr. I got the sense that it was a "standard of care" thing that seldom yields any useful images. The Dr. said something to the effect: "I don't...
  9. M

    Revision TKR New Knee Revision ..... so Far so good

    I am a TKR of almost 2 years now and "believe" my femoral component (Smith & Nephews) is loose. The best surgeon in the area (Duke) tells me that they don't know until they cut you and start taking parts out for a revision. I have 3 sets of xrays over 2 years and the gap at the top-front of...
Back
Top Bottom