Recent content by MtnSearcher

  1. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    I haven't been here in a while, but it's been 33 months since my left TKR, and I thought I'd update. My knee is not stiff anymore, but my quad has never fully regained its strength, and my knee still feels loose, and it still hurts if I put it down on a hard surface, which made refinishing a...
  2. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    @Josephine Thanks. I will try Tylenol for pain rather than ibuprofen. I usually try to avoid it because of the liver and kidney problems it can cause. In answer to #4, extension is about +5 using your method of estimation. I will also go back to icing and elevating. At work, the elevation is...
  3. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    1. Pain is at 0-1 for normal walking, but there are times during the day, especially after sitting at my desk or driving a lot, that it goes to a 3-4. If I put my knee down on a hard surface, pain jumps to 7 or 8. That's what I meant in the post about pushups. The exercise itself didn't hurt...
  4. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    @Josephine Ask away. I'll try to answer.
  5. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    @sistersinhim I finally figured it out, I think. @sistersinhim To orient you, that is my left leg, and the photo is not reversed. The top of the scar is and inch to an inch and a half above the top edge of the kneecap. As you look at the photo, the lump is on your right, just below the knee...
  6. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    Apparently not. :loll:
  7. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    @grandma chris That is exactly how mine does. If I do a straight leg lift, the lump is very firm like a flexed muscle. If my leg is at rest, the lump is soft and feels almost like the pockets of fluid I always had around my knee before the surgery.
  8. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    @NavyGunns Whatever it is, it's swelling that makes it so prominent. The lump is much smaller this morning than last night, but it's still there. Like yours, it's in the area that is numb, so it always feels weird. The PA didn't explain it, he just said it never goes away for some people. Not a...
  9. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    I do have an exercise question. The PA said at my 6-month visit that I can do anything I feel up to, so I tried pushups tonight. The puships themselves didn't hurt my knees, but getting down on the floor and bearing weight on my new knee certainly did. What does everyone else do about floor...
  10. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    @rustic The lump on my knee is below the knee cap and just to the lateral side. It feels just like a muscle, but it's where you would expect only ligaments. As for escaping the covers, that still gives me a twinge now and then. The pain is mostly gone when I first stand up. It's subsided in just...
  11. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    I had my six-month checkup last Wednesday, and the doctor, his PA actually, said I don't need to come back for six months unless I have a problem or concerns. I do have concerns, but he said all are either normal and things I'll have to live with, or will resolve with time. I'm not sure I trust...
  12. MtnSearcher

    TKR Getting back to hiking and climbing.

    @rustic Thanks. I had one of the hinged ones and hated it. It wouldn't fit under anything other than jogging pants, and if I put it over my pants leg, it was really uncomfortable. I have one of the thin, lycra sleeves, but I can't see how it would help protect a knee at all. I wear tactical...
  13. MtnSearcher

    TKR Getting back to hiking and climbing.

    @rustic Does the pad you have allow much mobility, and does it fit under long pants? I have taken one fall and had swelling and pain for several days after.
  14. MtnSearcher

    TKR Three years post TKR

    Actually, if my app is right, it was closer to 700 feet total elevation change.
Back
Top Bottom