Recent content by msredytr

  1. M

    TKR Second time around<

    I have never heard of tubigeip sleeve!! Definitely sounds like something to explore!! It is so reassuring to hear that others have similar experiences. Since this is my second go around- I have heard/said and lived the truth that this recovery process for TKR will be about a year. It was at...
  2. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Thanks so much for the feedback- I will follow your advice and take a look at my activity levels. It’s funny though, I feel like I should be MORE active at this point.... I don’t know if it is just being winter- the cold and grey days.... I just feel so sluggish and depressed!!
  3. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Hi all- been a bit since I have checked in and feel that I need some feedback on where I am recovery wise at this point. My surgery, my second TKR, was on 8/28/18- so 4.5 months ago. The first 3+ months were pretty textbook based on the info provided here at Bonesmart, and it was a bit on...
  4. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Ok! Thanks. Will upload pic tomorrow
  5. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Hi- thank you so much for your feedback! Immensely helpful! I think you have made some excellent points and observations. I have begun to take 1000 mg of Tylenol throughout the day, along with the Percocet at night. I have reduced activity and increased elevating, but am still struggling...
  6. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Hi Josephine- sorry I didn’t follow the format directions- let me go at this again to clarify the items you noted. 2. I am taking a generic Percocet 5-325 one or two tablets at bedtime, typically around 11pm. 5 & 6 Icing and elevating- about 30 min, one time a day, again typically just...
  7. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Josephine- thank you so much for taking time to reply! I am going to scroll up and answer the questions you posed, and look forward to your feedback. 1. pain level right now- I would say 3..... end of the day/evening is the worst- and I would describe it more as achy and tight-that is the knee...
  8. M

    Welcome to the August Hot Shots' 2017 Recovery Club!

    Am I a member of this group?? Right TKR 08/28/2017
  9. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Ugh— I don’t know, actually! Lol Knee I guess is really pretty good. Have just one more session of PT. Flexion at last measure 125* and extension -5* (so not quite completely flat, if I understand that correctly) I am walking, doing stairs without significant pain. Swelling is pretty...
  10. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Hi!!! Anyone still there?? I feel terrible that I did not come back and answer the above questions. I am now 7 weeks post op of right tkr. Not sure if answering those questions are still relevant- but really need to talk with someone. Anyone?
  11. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Hi everyone and THANK YOU so very much for your replies, kind words, information and encouragement. I couldn't figure out how to get back to my thread, to see replies--- and I am not sure if I am suppose to continue sharing in this same thread??? Or start anew??? I would like to update- and...
  12. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Yes, absolutely!!
  13. M

    TKR Second time around<

    Hi everyone! I found BoneSmart two years ago when I had my first TKR- on my left knee. I read and followed many threads and found comfort, sound advice & encouragement during my recovery. On that journey- I was deemed kind of a "rock star" by my OS and PT partners. Recovery went smoothly...
Back
Top Bottom