Recent content by Mr.HoNoMo

  1. M

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    Aw that's unfortunate that Josephine is no longer on the forum! I've been reading and lurking in a few threads that she posted in, and she was always a great help to people who needed a professional opinion! Hope she's enjoying her BoneSmart retirement though! Ok well.... y'all have convinced...
  2. M

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    Update Time! :dubious: Just a quick lil update and question for y'all. So I got a CT Scan of my left hip and pelvis done at the request of my surgeon at Grady. I don't have the written report yet because I only recently got the CT Scan done, but I do have the CT Scan images on a disc and...the...
  3. M

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    OMG sorry your mother went through all that! It's still a trip hearing about the crazy ortho injuries and surgeries people have to go through! It's good to know that it's possible to remove the rod without any additional problems though, so thank you @Celle! Wooow that's crazy! I can't believe...
  4. M

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    :wow: @YoungHippy!!!! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that! That was honestly horrifying to read considering how similar our injuries were... It's so damn crazy how our entire lives can change in an instant from a freak car accident! I'm actually even a little confused as to why you're...
  5. M

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    Thank you @YoungHippy! Lol I know all about stalking and lurking on forums, so I'm glad my post was compelling enough to convince you to log in! :SUNsmile: Wow sorry to hear about the car accident! That's wild you needed a THR from that! How are you dealing with the new hip, do you feel...
  6. M

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    @Celle and @VSlowLife Thank y'all so much for the information! I now have plenty of great questions to ask my OS and Dr. Oskouei during upcoming appointments! Hopefully they take their time answering them and don't try to rush me through the appointment. My OS always seems so busy and bothered...
  7. M

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    Good morning @VSlowLife! Well....evening now! Sorry I took so long to reply lol! Wow yeah that's a crazy long time to wait! So it might even be possible to have to wait a whole year before surgery! I should definitely go ahead and make the appointment now. See that's what I'm a little...
  8. M

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    Thank y'all so much for the advice and support! Really happy that I stumbled across this amazing forum cause y'all have no idea how alone and helpless I felt having this rare condition! Thank God for the internet lol! :0) Interesting! I'll definitely ask both doctors a bunch of the same...
  9. M

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    Thank y'all for the warm welcome! :happydance: Glad to see I'm not the only one freaked out about the x-ray lol! My OS said despite how crazy it looks the hardware shouldn't negatively affect my hip's movement at all, but I still kinda find that hard to believe so I would love a second opinion...
  10. M

    THR Developed Heterotopic Ossification in Left Hip

    Hey y'all. My name is Brandon and I was in a major motor vehicle accident last year on 01/17/19, and I'm currently suffering from a high grade of Heterotopic Ossification (HO) in my left hip. I don't have a THR, but this is the only forum with helpful information about HO, and I do have a THR...
Back
Top Bottom