Recent content by Monnsterr

  1. M

    Partial knee replacement at 26

    I found the pain scores. I took 2, both were really poor scores. The quality of my life has gone down hill fast. I can barely work or even go shopping or run errands without having what I call pain melt downs.
  2. M

    Partial knee replacement at 26

    Its okay! I appreciate the novel. My first MRI after my MPFL they thought it was only a small amount of cartilage loss. Once they did the scope they realized it was half the cartilage was gone under my knee cap already. So I have my fingers crossed I haven't damaged more. So far the worst of my...
  3. M

    Partial knee replacement at 26

    I tried gel injections before my ACI. Well technically before they knew about my cartilage loss. They gave me 5 injections of it instead of 3. I found out recently I had a bad reaction to them. I could bately walk from pain for a day or 2 after each injection. Apparently that's not normal.
  4. M

    Partial knee replacement at 26

    I live in Michigan, I have Detroit and Ann Arbor near me as big cities. My surgeon attempted the ACI on my patella. They also tried an PRP injection to try and get some more growth. But pretty sure the tracking just wore it down. Unfortunately my groove is flat, So my knee cap can do whatever it...
  5. M

    Partial knee replacement at 26

    I've gotten 2 opinions, the one just wanted to replace the back side of my kneecap. The other surgeon I've seen who has 30+ years experience, stated I would need metal part for my groove as well, since I've been damaging it. I learned that the 2 may discuss among themselves who would do the...
  6. M

    Partial knee replacement at 26

    From my MRI in November, there's been no other damage or arthritis in my knee thankfully. It's all located on the groove and under my kneecap.
  7. M

    Partial knee replacement at 26

    Hello! I happened to stumble across this forum while looking up information on partial knee replacements. I learned today that my best option for me would be patellofemoral arthroplasty, the underside of knee cap is already grade/stage 4. I also learned that I'm now damaging the cartilage...
Back
Top Bottom