Recent content by mommyof3

  1. mommyof3

    THR Recovery in progress

    I'm back with one problem solved...and now another new one. About a month ago I wrote about having thigh pain and after seeing the OS last week, was diagnosed with greater trochanteric bursitis. this was GREAT news to me because I thought maybe the pain I was having was as good as I was going...
  2. mommyof3

    THR Recovery in progress

    I'm now about 3 1/2 months post THR and have been doing well. I'm pretty much doing everything that I did before the surgery with the exception of running, and putting in full days on my feet at work and then coming home to full evenings of toddler-wrangling...which is more challenging than a...
  3. mommyof3

    THR Recovery in progress

    @sharonslp I am glad to hear that you can still "dance vigorously" with your hip! That gives me some hope. I'm not going to go out today and start a new dance class, but I just hope that over time I will be able to gradually resume my normal activities and not have to give up a lot of things...
  4. mommyof3

    THR Recovery in progress

    Thank you Larry for your advice. Does anyone else have any thoughts on my previous 2 questions on 1)precautions and 2) weight gain? Thanks everyone!
  5. mommyof3

    THR Recovery in progress

    7 weeks post op now and life is starting to normalize (well, I'm not sure my life was every "normal," but back to the usual chaos). :yahoo:Started back to work part time this week and it's going well. I'm tired by the end of the day, but not unmanageably tired. Sort of feels good to be back in...
  6. mommyof3

    THR Recovery in progress

    Thanks to all of your for your helpful replies. I had my 6wk f/u appt today and it went well. I'll start back to work 2 days/wk next week. I did get up my nerve to ask for a refill on the Norco and they did not seemed concerned or surprised by that at all. We just moved down to a lower dosage...
  7. mommyof3

    THR Recovery in progress

    Thank you glmrphy for your perspective, that is really helpful! Can anyone else weigh in on this?
  8. mommyof3

    THR Recovery in progress

    I'm now almost 6 weeks post op and have a couple of questions. I think my hip is doing well, but I do still have some pain, (usually around a 3-4 and rarely above a 5-6 on the pain scale). I am doing PT twice a week and walking 45 minutes/day in addition to just being up and around the house...
  9. mommyof3

    THR Recovery in progress

    Hello. I had left THR three weeks ago at 34. I just happened upon this forum as I was searching online for information about THR recovery. Things are going pretty well for me, but sometimes I start feeling anxious that I'm not progressing fast enough...or shouldn't need to take pain meds...or...
  10. mommyof3

    THR Hip surgery under 40 years

    Hi mommymuscle, I had a left THR three weeks ago, at age 34. I have a history of hip dysplasia but did not start having any pain until I resumed jogging after giving birth to twins a couple years ago. Similar to what you are describing, doctors thought it was a torn labrum and then then MRI...
Back
Top Bottom