Recent content by mommymuscle

  1. mommymuscle

    THR I dislocated my THR Friday

    Sorry, I just now saw all the replies- it didn't email me. I was standing on my affected leg and lifted the non affected leg up to where my knee was in line with my waist. A move I've probably done 100 times to get dressed and do other things. My doc thinks I hyper extended the joint by...
  2. mommymuscle

    THR I dislocated my THR Friday

    I am almost 1 year post op. My THR was on April 7th last year. Friday I dislocated my hip and ended up back in the hospital. They were able to get it back into the socket without surgery. Now I am waiting to see my Ortho on Tuesday. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't even know what...
  3. mommymuscle

    THR Hip surgery under 40 years

    Ok new question for you all. Sorry I didn't reply to anyone's responses- I guess I'm not set up to receive emails when there are comments left on my threads. I am 6 weeks out on monday next week. My dr is super conservative about restrictions and is having me use a pillow (the big goofy foam...
  4. mommymuscle

    THR Hip surgery under 40 years

    I am 12 days post op from a THR. They also had to clean out a cyst caused by a genetic bone disease, so I have been told my recovery could be harder than a typical THR. Today I am feeling a bit down. My incision is itchy and sore. I can't figure out if this is normal, or something to be...
  5. mommymuscle

    THR Hip surgery under 40 years

    I was training to compete in a triathlon and my hip started to hurt. The dr thought I had torn my labral sack and ordered a MRI. They found a bone cyst and stress fractures around my acetabulum. I was on crutches for 7 mos and it didn't get better. The cartilage was damaged from the cyst, so...
  6. mommymuscle

    THR Hip surgery under 40 years

    Hi all, I'm new here. I had a total hip replacement 12 days ago and am 31. I was wondering who else here had surgery when young? How was your recovery? I'd love to hear your story!
Back
Top Bottom