Recent content by Mommasp

  1. Mommasp

    Revision TKR Revision surgery

    Well, it’s been almost 2 weeks and I’m still in hospital. My wound started weeping last week and I had to be taken off blood thinners. My surgeon refuses to let me go until it’s all ok. Went back on the blood thinner this morning and had clips removed this afternoon. Hopefully if things go...
  2. Mommasp

    Revision TKR Revision surgery

    Well, I had my revision done on Wednesday and the difference is amazing. I was last on the list and only got back to the ward about 9.00pm so Thursday was a bit of a washout but I was up and able to shower on Friday. I’m still in hospital,and will be for another few days just to keep an eye...
  3. Mommasp

    Revision surgery

    Thanks @robhunt3. I’m glad to see the back of it to be honest. I’m checked in at the clinic now and looking forward to having the surgery behind me so I can start my recovery. Waiting to see consultant to find out whT time tomorrow I will be going to theatre. Fingers crossed
  4. Mommasp

    Revision surgery

    Thanks @AThom. I’m cautiously optimistic about my surgery and look forward to seeing a good level of improvement. I didn’t know you could get a second revision. Good luck with it.
  5. Mommasp

    Revision surgery

    Hi all. I’m having a revision surgery on 14th Feb. I originally had a TKR a year ago but it was a failure. I’ve been to hell and back in that year and don’t recognise the person I’ve become. I used to be so fit and now I can only walk sort distances and need a stick. My surgeon couldn’t...
  6. Mommasp

    2018 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Hi all. I’m having a revision of my tkr (right) on Wednesday- Valentine’s Day. I had the original tkr on 28th February last year but I never recovered as my patella was overstuffed. It’s been a truly horrible year and I am nervous but really looking forward to getting my life back. I’m 53 but...
Back
Top Bottom