Recent content by mmits42

  1. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Thanks my friends. It felt like nerves which is why i threw it out there. I appreciate knowing that its not uncommon. TH, We have 3 dogs. Lab, Great Dane, and rescue mix. All have been great, although it can be a bit of an obstacle course when trying to get out of bed middle of the night...
  2. mmits42

    THR Recovery from June 11th LTHR surgery

    I'm at 4 weeks and find 5k steps take a lot out of me. 4k seems about right for me as well. Hope you are doing better every day.
  3. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Sharp shooting pains in hip and quads. out of the blue.I could be laying down doing nothing. Im assuming these are nerve related. Ice dosen't help.
  4. mmits42

    THR 5-7 weeks setback?

    What little I know so far I'm going to agree that you over did it. For myself..Im at 4 weeks now, I have had a tendency to have a good day and then 2 days to recover from it.
  5. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Actually I have pillows all over the bed in case i need them. They end up against my wife and on the floor. The dogs enjoy that.
  6. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    About 3 1/2 weeks out. Still having trouble sleeping more than a couple hours. I feel like I am making progress but just don't feel rested. Mostly on my back, elevated, not elevated, pillow under knee. On left side with leg bent gets me a short rest but can't stay comfortable with that position...
  7. mmits42

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Hi, I'm 13 days out and I had to move back to the walker yesterday. Im back to the cane today after much ice. But as folks have told me in this forum, you can only do what you can do. I think I finally have developed the idea that I have to allow my body to heal, rather than push it to heal...
  8. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Thanks folks, ok, will let this all play out. And the dogs were offleash in my yard. So, it was probably more my impatience.
  9. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Had an especially quiet Father's day. Basically laid around all day, used the Cryo therapy cube for several long sessions and felt great. My gait was pretty smooth by end of the day. I suspect all the cold helped calm down everything. I took the dogs out last night, off leash on the side of the...
  10. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Thanks folks. Learning experience for me. Yesterday was my first day off the walker and on the cane. By dinner time I was so sore I considered oxy for the first time since day one. Oxy is not a fav for me.
  11. mmits42

    Rotator Cuff Repair Had surgery on 4/12

    Things sound like they moving well for you. With shoulders, easy does it should be your mantra. Cuff repairs will take time to strengthen...but don't stop doing your exercises and flexibility. Im scheduling my 6th surgery...so far all repairs. 3 on each side. I have had experience with all sorts...
  12. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Thank you Mojo. My experience with surgery has been around shoulders. This is a very different feel to me. I dont get to peel the aquacell bandage off until friday with my NP online. Cant wait. I feel like the new kid in town with only my first hip. lol. The numbness is not something I am...
  13. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Question: a week after surgery...should my leg around the incision still be numb and warm to the touch?
  14. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Awesome. I decided to do another search and found one. It is due here friday. In the mean time I will use the shoulder pad stretched out. Woohoo.
  15. mmits42

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Thanks folks. I did end up elevating overnight and the swelling went down some. I also have an ice machine (Breg) with shoulder and knee attachments. I will use one of these and tape it down today. Has anyone found a hip attachment? So glad I found this forum. Everyone is so helpful. Good...
Back
Top Bottom