Recent content by MMCDOWELL

  1. M

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    Well, I'm back. 17 weeks post op. My hip has done really well for the past several months. No real pain. Last week I began feeling a bit of pain in the back of my leg and right in the middle of my buttock. I went for what I thought would be my last Dr's visit. He said there are signs my...
  2. M

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    I wanted to update and perhaps give some others some hope. A few weeks ago I was scared to death. I couldn't imagine a time where I could see a light at the end of the tunnel. I felt broken and I didn't think many people understood what I was going through because the incisions were small...
  3. M

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    Oh lalo! I know it's silly but you have no idea how much hearing that helps!
  4. M

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    It was in the literature I brought home with me. It was pretty general to hip surgery so it was hard to weed through what applied and what did not.
  5. M

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    Thanks Lalo. I feel like everyone is in a rush to have me running. I get a constant "you can do that" and "you need to move more" from many people. The doctor in Canada that pinned it said 3 months with no weight baring but everyone here seems to be pushing movement. I think it's hard for my...
  6. M

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    i am hoping this is not my current problem . I do fear it though. I'll know more on the 23rd when I go back for more X-rays. it is exactly what happened. The neck was severed. Would give anything for a story from someone that begins with "I had my hip pinned and it was a huge success".
  7. M

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    Thank you so much everyone! There is comfort in just knowing others are out there. So much to take in. Jaycey, I too have been surprised at the lack of pain. I took it easy today and the pain from yesterday is gone and I'm back to normal. It feels best when I stand in my walker with legs...
  8. M

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    I had an emergency hip pinning three weeks ago after a ski gondola accident. They couldn't get me to a hospital large enough to do the surgery for 36 hours or so. We left it to the doctor to decide rather to pin or replace and he said it looked like my bone was healthy enough to pin and keep...
Back
Top Bottom